From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
Hi! I am Aggron989 and I joined Bulbapedia in December of 2012. Pokémon is easily one of my favorite franchises of all time. As my username suggests, one of my favorite species of Pokémon is Aggron, despite the fact that it receives 4x damage from both Fighting and Ground type attacks.
If I had to say my favorite Pokémon type, it would probably by Psychic. Psychic Pokémon tend to have very good special stats, as well as respectable speed. I like pretty much all types, except for Flying, which doesn't really impress me all that much compared with the other types.
I also have a certain distaste for legendary Pokémon. While they're cool for a little while, they're just not that useful at all. They're at such a high level in the wild that when I catch one, its stats don't grow nearly as much as the Pokémon I've been carefully training from low levels. Because of this, I pretty much catch them for the Pokédex entries and then leave them in my PC boxes.
While I try to make sure my edits are perfect the first time I make them, I am a human being and make mistakes like the next person. If you have an issue with anything I do on Bulbapedia, please either fix it or ask me about it.
You'll probably find me helping out most often with articles somehow related to Kanto, Hoenn, and Almia. My favorite games are set in these regions.
On Bulbapedia, one of my goals is to help expand articles that need it. There are a lot of stubs currently on Bulbapedia - with a little more information added, they can become much better or be merged into one larger article.
If you're interested, these are some of the things I have been working on: Special:Contributions/Aggron989
Things I really want to see happen on Bulbapedia
(If I ever figure out how to get images and clips from my games, I'll work on some of these myself if I can.)
- More information added to stub articles
- All "from previous generations" clips on move pages to be animated
- Animations from every generation for abilities
- Maps and layout for every Pokémon Ranger, Pokémon Ranger:Shadows of Almia, and Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs location, instead of just the infobox picture
- More extensive descriptions about each Ranger mission, as well as the actual mission text
My proudest accomplishments
In the Pokémon games
- Finding a Shiny Drowzee less than three days after finding a Shiny Geodude. Yeah, I know that was just luck.
- Defeating the Tower Tycoon with 1 HP left on my last Pokémon.
- Defeating Red in Generation IV... after five or six failed attempts.
- Breeding sixteen Horsea until I got a really good one to train for the Battle Tower (which is now the Kingdra on my compiled team).
- Doing the same thing with Skorupi for the same reason.
...I'll get back to you on this. Haven't really made myself useful yet - just some rewording for clarity and addition of information here and there.
My Personal Pokémon Opinions
Things that bother me
- The fact that Charizard has two Mega Evolutions when Venusaur and Blastoise don't.
- Ash's Pikachu seems to be very good at hitting Ground-type Pokémon with Electric-type moves, even fainting one of them with a Thunder Shock.
- On a similar note, characters in the anime are constantly saying that Electric attacks have a hard time damaging Rock-type Pokémon. Uh... no, they don't.
- The fact that Ralts, Kirlia, and Gardevoir were changed into Fairy-types.
- Also, the fact that Pikachu (which is in the Fairy egg group) is not a Fairy-type if these three are.
- The methods of evolution for Tangela, Lickitung, Aipom, Yanma, and anybody else that requires a specific move to evolve.
Things that I love
The six best Pokémon I have ever trained