From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
Hello there! I am Aggron989 and this is my userpage.
If you are here to learn about me, then welcome!
If you are here to talk to me, click here.
If you are here to stalk my contributions to Bulbapedia, click here.
If you are here because you have nothing to do, please consider looking here.
If you are here by accident, then have a nice day!
Hi! I am Aggron989 and I joined Bulbapedia in December of 2012. Pokémon is one of my hopeless obsessions.
I don't remember exactly when I really got into Pokémon, but I've seen a lot of the anime episodes and own a lot of the games. When I first started playing the games, I didn't know how to do anything and I borrowed somebody else's Swampert to power my way through my first game, Pokémon Ruby. After I learned how to properly play Pokémon, I restarted my save file a few times and now I have what I consider to be a very good team. After playing Ruby, my Pokémon obsession has been growing steadily larger and I now own Ruby, Emerald, Silver, two LeafGreens (because I'd lost my first one for a while), Pearl, Platinum, SoulSilver, White, White 2, and X. I also own four Mystery Dungeon games, all three Ranger games, Pokémon Pinball Ruby and Sapphire, Pokémon Snap, and Pokémon Stadium (which I never play anymore).
As my username suggests, my favorite Pokémon ever is Aggron. I have no idea why, so please don't ask.
I don't really have a favorite type, since it keeps changing. For a while, it was Psychic, but I don't have any one true favorite type. However, my least favorite type is Flying. I love the way Flying-type Pokémon are portrayed in the anime and everything, and if Pokémon were real I would love Flying-types. In the games, however, they fall remarkably short of every other type in my opinion.
Something else about me is that I very much dislike legendary Pokémon for several reasons. They are caught at a very high level in the wild, so even with the great base stats they'll still be weaker than your already-trained Pokémon. The only non-event legendary that is caught at a low level has a terrible ability. Speaking of abilities, way too many legendaries have the same one. Also, in terms of overall appearance, the legendary Pokémon started off looking pretty reasonably cool, but then they began to look more and more ridiculous. That said, I do have a favorite legendary, which is Heatran. Again, I have absolutely no idea why. I literally just decided one day that Heatran was my favorite legendary Pokémon.
While I am here on Bulbapedia, I make my very best effort to be nice to everybody and to not be offensive when I communicate with other users. If you notice me being a jerk anywhere on the site, please let me know so I can change my behavior.
Also, while I consider myself to have decent writing skills, I am still a novice editor and am inexperienced with most wikicode. I am a human being (but if you'd like to think otherwise, that's fine) and I make mistakes like the next person.
Hopes and Dreams
(If I ever figure out how to get images and clips from my games, I'll work on some of these myself if I can.)
- More information added to stub articles
- All "from previous generations" clips on move pages to be animated
- Animations from every generation for abilities
- Maps and layout for every Pokémon Ranger, Pokémon Ranger:Shadows of Almia, and Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs location, instead of just the infobox picture
- More extensive descriptions about each Ranger mission, as well as the actual mission text
My Proudest Accomplishments
In the Pokémon games
- Finding a Shiny Drowzee less than three days after finding a Shiny Geodude. Yeah, I know that was just luck.
- Defeating Red in Generation IV... after five or six failed attempts.
- Carefully breeding and EV-training a Horsea, Skorupi, and Gastly to train for Sinnoh's Battle Frontier.
...I'll get back to you on this. Haven't really made myself useful yet - just some rewording for clarity and addition of information here and there.
Likes and Dislikes
Just to name a few - if I said all of my favorite Pokémon, it would be boring.
- My favorite region is Hoenn.
- I very much enjoy the anime and I am a strong supporter of PokéShipping, ContestShipping, RocketShipping, and QuestShipping.
- Unlike some other PokéShippers and ContestShippers, I have absolutely nothing against AdvanceShipping - I can see where the AdvanceShippers are coming from; however, it interferes with my two favorite ships, so I don't support it.
- I enjoy the trading card game, although I don't play it much anymore.
- Team Rocket.
- I do not have anything against Unova or its Pokémon (most of them), but I'm not a fan of Generation V.
- Ash's Pikachu seems to be very good at hitting Ground-type Pokémon with Electric-type attacks, even fainting one of them with a Thunder Shock.
- On a similar note, characters in the anime are constantly saying that Electric-type moves have a hard time damaging Rock-type Pokémon. Uh... no, they don't.
- In the Hoenn League saga, Pikachu's attacks were more frequently ineffective against Ground-types, but the show blew it again when someone's Houndoom damaged May's Skitty with a Shadow Ball.
- The fandom's obsession with Charizard. Not only was it voted the fan favorite Pokémon, but it actually has two Mega Evolutions! Why??? What purpose does this serve??? Venusaur and Blastoise only have one each!
- Ash's birthday is way overdue.