From Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.
Hello there! I am Aggron989 and this is my userpage.
If you are here to learn about me, then welcome!
If you are here to talk to me, click here.
If you are here to stalk my contributions to Bulbapedia, click here.
If you are here because you have nothing to do, please consider looking here.
If you are here by accident, then have a nice day!
Hi! I am Aggron989 and I joined Bulbapedia in December of 2012. Pokémon is one of my hopeless obsessions.
I don't remember exactly when I really got into Pokémon, but I've seen a lot of the anime episodes and own a lot of the games. When I first started playing the games, I didn't know how to do anything and I borrowed somebody else's Swampert to power my way through my first game, Pokémon Ruby. After I learned how to properly play Pokémon, I restarted my save file a few times and now I have what I consider to be a very good team. After playing Ruby, my love of Pokémon has grown steadily larger and I now own Ruby, Emerald, Silver, two LeafGreens (because I'd lost my first one for a while), Pearl, Platinum, SoulSilver, White, White 2, X, and Omega Ruby. I also own four Mystery Dungeon games, all three Ranger games, Pokémon Pinball Ruby and Sapphire, Pokémon Snap, and Pokémon Stadium (which I never play anymore).
As my username suggests, my favorite Pokémon ever is Aggron. I have no idea why except that Aggron is really fun to use in battle.
I don't really have a favorite type, since it keeps changing. For a while, it was Psychic, but I don't have any one true favorite type. In the games, I believe Flying is the least useful type overall and I also consider Water to be the most versatile type when it comes to battling.
Something else about me is that I very much dislike legendary Pokémon for several reasons. They are caught at a very high level in the wild, so even with the great base stats they can still be weaker than your already-trained Pokémon. The only non-event legendary that is caught at a low level has a terrible ability. Speaking of abilities, way too many legendaries have the same one. Also, in terms of overall appearance, the legendary Pokémon started off looking pretty reasonably cool, but then they began to look more and more ridiculous. That said, I do have a favorite legendary, which is Heatran. Again, I have absolutely no idea why. I literally just decided one day that Heatran was my favorite legendary Pokémon.
While I am here on Bulbapedia, I make my very best effort to be nice to everybody and to not be rude when I communicate with other users. If you notice me being a jerk anywhere on the site, please let me know so I can change my behavior.
Also, while I'm not a terrible writer, I am still a novice editor and am still unfamiliar with a lot of wikicode. I tend to be a grammar cop and go in to make very minor edits relating to punctuation, more "encyclopedic" vocabulary, and variation in sentences.
Hopes and Dreams
(I hope to work on some of these when I have the time, but I'm not sure how to take images/animations from the games or the anime.)
- More information added to stub articles
- All "from previous generations" clips on move pages to be animated
- Animations from every generation for abilities
- Maps and layout for every Pokémon Ranger, Pokémon Ranger:Shadows of Almia, and Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs location, instead of just the infobox picture
- More extensive descriptions about each Ranger mission, as well as the actual mission text
- Making the anime plot summaries informative and easy to understand without giving a blow-by-blow of everything that happens in the episode.
My Proudest Accomplishments
In the Pokémon games
- To date, I have caught eight Shiny Pokémon, not including the Red Gyarados.
- In recent years, I've gotten much better at carefully breeding and EV-training Pokémon teams for the purpose of online battling. My teams aren't perfect, but they get the job done most of the time.
...I'll get back to you on this. Haven't really made myself useful yet - just some rewording for clarity and addition of information here and there.
Likes and Dislikes
Just to name a few - if I said all of my favorite Pokémon, it would be boring.
- My favorite region is Hoenn.
- I very much enjoy the anime and I am a supporter of PokéShipping, ContestShipping, RocketShipping, and QuestShipping.
- I'm also starting to support AmourShipping after seeing numerous episodes of the XY anime. I feel like they pushed the Ash-Misty thing quite a bit during the first few seasons of the anime, but I think AmourShipping has reached greater heights in a shorter period of time.
- My favorite manga characters are Black, Sapphire, and Ruby, although I haven't read all of the Pokémon Adventures manga yet.
- I enjoy the trading card game, but I very rarely play it anymore.
- Team Rocket.
- I do not have anything against Unova or its Pokémon (most of them), but I'm not a fan of Generation V.
- Ash's Pikachu seems to be very good at hitting Ground-type Pokémon with Electric-type attacks, even fainting one of them with a Thunder Shock.
- On a similar note, characters in the anime are constantly saying that Electric-type moves have a hard time damaging Rock-type Pokémon. Uh... no, they don't.
- In the Hoenn League saga, Pikachu's attacks were more frequently ineffective against Ground-types, but the show blew it again when someone's Houndoom damaged May's Skitty with a Shadow Ball.
- The fact that Charizard has two Mega Evolutions. This bothers me a lot.
- I don't like Shiny Pokémon events. In my opinion, giveaways like the Shiny Mega Gengar and the Shiny Beldum defeat the whole purpose of even having a Shiny Pokémon. If everybody has one, it might as well have a normal coloration because it's not that special anymore.
- Ash's birthday is way overdue.