Please remember to follow the manual of style and code of conduct at all times. Check and Bulbanews for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the or irc channel #bulbapedia.
Admittedly, I am only a casual user of Bulbapedia and employ it largely for reference and occasional improvements to grammar and diction mostly on pages concerning the Pokémon species. Note that I am not seeking friends online through Bulbapedia.
Now that school has resumed, I am much busier, so I will edit much less frequently (not that I contribute much on Bulbapedia to begin with). Also, as a service to the Bulbapedia server, I will intentionally keep this page simple in terms of presentation.
Moreover, I am actually looking forward to using this User page to respectfully share my views on the Pokémon franchise with other considerate observers of said franchise. Such views will be covered in the section "Modest Proposals and Musings" (see below). For the sake of saving space, the subsections of "Modest Proposals and Musings" will be included on this page rather than in supplemental pages.
- I am a Bulbapedia user from Florida, USA.
- I am only a fan of the primary canon of Pokémon games.
- I do not support or engage in Poké-shipping.
[Note: In the following section, lower numbers indicate higher preference for that enumerated item.]
- favorite Pokémon:
- 1: Lucario - Has satisfactory Speed and a diverse movepool with exceptional moves for Offense. Dark Pulse and Aura Sphere complete the wonderful package!
- 2: Sceptile - Finally! Here comes a phenomenal Grass-type for speedy Offense.
- 3: Venasaur - Has a diverse movepool with exceptional Support moves.
- 4: Vigoroth
- favorite types:
- 1: Grass - Thankfully, Generation IV was very generous with this type.
- 2: Fighting - Poliwrath, Blaziken (and its carbon copy Infernape), Breloom, Gallade, and Lucario as well as the increased availability of TM31 Brick Break (for Electabuzz, Ampharos, Magmar, various normal types, etc.) in Generation III made this type worthwhile additons to my teams. Alas, if only Donphan and Granbull could join their ranks! (see "IF ONLY, IF ONLY").
- favorite moves:
- 1: Aura Sphere
- 2: Leaf Blade
- 3: Brick Break
- 4: Dark Void
- 5: Fire Punch / Ice Punch / Thunder Punch
Modest Proposals and Musings
IF ONLY, IF ONLY: Changes to the Main-Canon Pokénon Games and Species
Note that some of these ideas have already been proposed by fellow Bulbapedia user MAGNEDETH.
Changes to Pokémon Species
- Bulbasaur should only be a Grass-type.
- Nidoran ♂ and ♀ should be classified together as gender differences within the same specie.
- Ninetales should be part Psychic-type or, preferably, part Ghost.
- Psyduck and Golduck should be Water/Psychic.
- Considering Lickitung’s reptilian physiology and the scarcity of Dragon-type Pokémon, Lickitung should be reclassified as a Dragon-type.
- Gyarados should be a Water/Dragon.
- Noctowl should be smaller, reaching a height no greater than 4'.
- Hoppip, Skiploom, and Jumpluff should only be Grass-type Pokémon. All three would have the ability Levitate to make up for the loss of the Flying-type.
- Considering its serpentine physiology (especially when seen as an elaboration on the mythical ‘plumed serpent’ motif) and the scarcity of Dragon-type Pokémon, Dunsparce should be reclassified as a Dragon-type.
- Considering Granbull's brute strength, Granbull should be reclassified as a Fighting-type.
- Considering real-world elephants’ inherent strength and extensive use of their trunks as a powerful extra limb, and Donphan's own robust, heavily padded physique, Donphan (as well as Phanpy) should be reclassified as a Fighting-type.
- Considerign that Cacnea and Cacturne are based on desert plants known for their high water-retention ability, Cacnea and Cacturne would have access to the ability Water Absorb as well.
- Trapinch and Vibrava should be Bug/Ground.
- Gardevoir should be Female only and Kirlia would have major gender differences.
- Glalie should be Male only.
- Luxray should be Electric/Dark.
Changes to Pokémon Moves
Changes to Geography in Pokémon Games
- Cinnabar Island should be larger with a volcano on it and walkable routes around the island as well.
- Route 218 should offer a longer path for crossing with HM03 Surf.
Changes to 'Mechanics' in Pokémon Games
- The Steel-type should NOT be weak to the Fighting-type.
- Resistance against certain types is increased to ×0.75 from ×0.5.
WANTED: Evolutions and 'Pre-Evolutions'
I CAN ONLY IMAGINE: Why Where These Pokémon Created?
I could not help including such a section. I'd appreciate others' input on the propositions in this section.
- What if Pokémon could have two abilities at a time rather than just one?
- As a raptor (bird of prey), what if Staraptor were be Dark/Flying or even Fighting/Flying?
Thanks you for your time and interest in my User page!