Please remember to follow the manual of style and code of conduct at all times.
Check and Bulbanews for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the or in our IRC channel #bulbagarden on irc.systemnet.info.
Anybody happen to have this episode with subtitles? Because I could have sworn her name was spelled Wilhelmina, with a silent "L." I don't have this episode on me, so I can't confirm this myself. --PAK Man Talk 16:26, 23 February 2008 (UTC)
- i did a quick google search and all sites say "Wilhemina". MAGNEDETH 16:34, 23 February 2008 (UTC)
- Still, I'd rather have official confirmation. Because my spell check recognizes Wilhelmina but not Wilhemina. Plus, I read a book one time where there was a character named Wilhelmina. I'm not saying the article's wrong, I just would like to see what the subtitles say. --PAK Man Talk 16:58, 23 February 2008 (UTC)
Visual Guide Book
How does it spell her name? --Maxim 12:33, 5 December 2009 (UTC)
- Probably random way 424,615 out of this alleged million. Closed captioning probably uses way 187,210 (either that or "Whillimena", but I don't know what number that spelling is on the list if it's not 187,210); if the DVD subtitles do contradict, it's probably on the other side of the list. And for all we know, the original script could use way 983,517. Wouldn't be surprised at all if this visual guide, the closed captioning, the DVD subtitles, and the original script all contradict each other...--Shiningpikablu252 12:38, 5 December 2009 (UTC)
- Yeah, I have doubts about that spelling myself. Didn't have the CC on the top of my head at the time. Even back when the episode in question was in its run on Toonami Jetstream, I had trouble finding any sort of clarity on the name in question, and even comment-coded next to the name that I wasn't 100% certain. Unlike with TV transmissions or DVDs, Toonami Jetstream did not have any sort of caption or subtitle options I could use to narrow down a name (Cartoon Network Video, which did exist at the time but wasn't showing Pokémon then, still doesn't have such options even after the video player revamp) --Shiningpikablu252 13:01, 5 December 2009 (UTC)
- The only way is to find someone with DVDs. Why does no around one here seem to own them? --Maxim 13:15, 5 December 2009 (UTC)
I'm beginning to think the guide book is not that trust worthy. It's riddled with errors. I mean, they mistook Kyle for Kenny. Also they spell Ritchie's name "Richie", which we already deemed as erroneous. --ケンジのガール 04:01, 6 December 2009 (UTC)
- We deemed "Richie" erroneous because of Puzzle League (and allegedly Chronicles CC). But aside from that, EVERY merchandise and EToP (and my secret file, too) uses the spelling "Richie". I consider both spellings as equally official. I'm even starting to think that "Ritchie" is an error made in PPL. Even if the book is riddled with errors, it doesn't mean that we shouldn't trust it at all. We should consider the names and spellings used there. It's an official material nonetheless. So, how is this name (and numerous others) spelt in the Visual Guide Book? --Maxim 12:57, 6 December 2009 (UTC)
Aside from her FIRST name
I also recall her introducing herself as "Wilhelmina Brock" (Brock of course got excited by this fact) in the episode that she appeared in. Is it true, or maybe was it something added by the Polish dub? (I don't watch English episodes that much. I've watched most old episodes in Polish and the newer ones in Japanese) --Maxim 08:05, 24 December 2009 (UTC)