Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire have been announced!
Check and Bulbanews for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the or in our IRC channel.
I Calls 'Em The Geo Trio
- What does this have to do with the Trio?--☆Coolピカチュウ! 01:50, 22 October 2008 (UTC)
Trio or not?
Is this group really a legendary trio? They don't really fit in with the norms from the other trios. As it says on Rayquaza's trivia:
Rayquaza is the only trio master that is actually a member of its own trio. Out of the weather trio, it is the only one of the trio with a secondary type.
Then in the text of this page, it says:
This is the only legendary trio whose members do not all have the same base stat total; Groudon and Kyogre share a total of 670, while Rayquaza's is 680. This fits with its role as a mediator between Groudon and Kyogre.
Exactly, Rayquaza is a "guardian" like Lugia and Ho-oh (note the flying type and 680BST btw). With this I mean that it acts intelligent, whereas Groundon and Kyogre simply go on rampage when awakened. One could also find connections between Groudon, Kyogre and Regigigas, the other 670 legend, which is also sealed away in a hybernating state. But the Weather trio is a weather duo with their guardian. Especially considering that Rayquaza is superior to them in more ways: -a secondary type -red, black plus yellow patterns on it's body -680BST instead of 670 -it's ability deactivates the duos abilities instead of creating it's own weather --Saiph charon 09:18, 24 July 2009 (UTC)
put rayquaza in the middle, cause it seems more poetic? also, since it is the strongest, and has two types, and is the mediator, the middle seems the best. i'd do it myself, but i don't know how... - unsigned comment from Empath-Silvio (talk • contribs)
- Sorry, it's 'dex order. Rayquaza is the master, it comes after them --electAbuzzzz 20:01, 29 July 2009 (UTC)
The article refers to them as the 'weather trio' when this isn't strictly correct. Rayquaza neutralizes weather whilst the other two wreck havoc. Isn't it more of a reference to earth, sea and sky. Just a thought. --Hyurnat4 05:43, 21 October 2009 (UTC)
- Well, I guess neutralizing weather counts as affecting the weather too. :P As for earth, sea, and sky... "Elements trio" doesn't sound half bad to me, but I don't see why we really would need to change it. ZestyCactus 05:48, 21 October 2009 (UTC)
The Weather Trio Movesets and HGSS
I edited the Similar movesets section to reflect the differences in HGSS. However, since the changes are so vast, I purpose a change in the listing:
|Start||Water Pulse||Mud Shot||Twister|
|15||AncientPower||Body Slam||AncientPower||Lava Plume||AncientPower||Crunch|
And so on...
- I think seperate columns would be nice since it's extremely difficult to look at as-is.. problem is, what would we do for the moves that the entire trio learns in one version and not in the other (ie: rest... Kyogre doesn't appear to get Rest in HGSS)? List it normally, or somehow figure out something for the multi-cell spanning? →Tinā ♫★ 16:55, 1 November 2009 (UTC)
- Not exactly sure what you are talking about Tinrar, but at lv. 50, the row will look similar to the level 15 row seen above, as for Lv. 30:
|30||Calm Mind||Aqua Ring||Bulk Up||Rest||Dragon Dance||Rest|
They can't be references to all of the three different references stated. I think we should leave only one, but I find them all a little farfetched. The similarities between them and the mytholigical monsters are generic, the Godzilla one is just stupid, and the spheres seem too distant to be a reference to. It's just my opinion. --Reversinator 22:25, 13 July 2010 (UTC)
What about Deoxys?
That is in the movie, not in the games, and even in the movie they aren't enemies per say, just a Rayquaza defending the Ozone. As far as I know, they aren't even mentioned at the same time in any of the games, so the answer is no. Oh BTW, this would be better on Rayquaza or Deoxys's talk page, because it has nothing to do with the Weather Trio –– WaterUser (page, talk) 15:38, 30 September 2010 (UTC)
Groudon and Kyogre can fly?
In Emerald version, right after Rayquaza causes Kyogre and Groudon to leave Sootopolis City, if you talk to Archie he says, "Kyogre and Groudon both flew off to who knows where." Does he mean that they just fled, or literally flew away? --"FiMbUlWiNtEr2O|2" 01:36, 12 January 2011 (UTC)