Possible Origin-disco ball?
This may be pushing it a bit, but could Vivillon be based off a disco ball? Due to the square designs all over it and that its body is a silver-white color with colorful wings to represent how a disco ball reflects colors? CyberCat5555 (talk) 22:13, 11 June 2013 (UTC)
Worth putting to it's and its pre evos's Origin?
Korean name for Vivillon
Its Korean name is 비비용 Bibiyong.
- It's essentially a transliteration of its Japanese name.
- NOTE: I don't think the 용 yong in its name means dragon, it's just a way some words/syllables ending in "n" are transliterated in Korean. For comparison, "France" is 프랑스 Peu'rang'seu. -- Nick15 (talk) 18:23, 11 July 2013 (UTC)
- UPDATE: It's based on the Japanese and English names, since they all basically use the same etymology:
- 비비 bibi comes from the Korean transliteration of the word "vivid" (비비드 bibideu)
- (as 美 in Korean is 미 mi, not bi like in Japanese)
According to the article there are 18 different forms. Currently I was able to pull out of the PGL 8 versions. Unfortunately, there are rather small. Should we use these as a placeholders, for example, till we get HQ versions? Here's an example of one of the forms:
In another subject, do we have an official source for the name of the forms? I have seen them around the internet, but I cannot find an official source with their names. --Sekuiyatalk 16:03, 25 October 2013 (UTC)
- Addressing the second part, the names of the patterns are found in Vivillon's dex entry for each different pattern found (for example, mine lists Meadow, Continental, Polar, and Modern Pattern). That's as official as it gets. Luna Tiger * the Arc Toraph 16:12, 25 October 2013 (UTC)
- Well, we can try to find a way. But currently, there's just too many to list, dunno how we're gonna fit it on the article without making it huge. --Sekuiyatalk 11:45, 31 October 2013 (UTC)
Friend Safari Bug(?)
It seems that if you have a Vivillon in a Friend Safari, the little preview picture of it will never fill in and appear to be blank as if you hadn't yet encountered it. Would this be something the page should note? PowerPlantRaichu (talk) 17:29, 16 November 2013 (UTC)
Are we gonna talk about it's National Dex number?
- There's really nothing notable about it. It's just a number. Crystal Talian 16:04, 28 November 2013 (UTC)
Pattern determined when generated
The current description states that the pattern is determined by Original Trainer. This should either be reworded or a piece of trivia added to clarify what happens in the case of eggs. In the case of an egg, the pattern is determined by the game the egg was generated in. Thus it is possible to have a Vivillon with a pattern that does not match the geographic location of it's Original Trainer. Hamner (talk) 06:41, 10 December 2013 (UTC)