Please remember to follow the manual of style and code of conduct at all times.
Check and Bulbanews for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the or in our IRC channel #bulbagarden on irc.systemnet.info.
It looks really... off. Like, the lanterns, water, Poké Mart sign, the Poké Ball on the gym sign, Sprout Tower... they look kind of different from the game. Sure that's an actual map? >_> →Tinā ♫★ 01:00, 21 October 2009 (UTC)
- It's not. --☆Coolピカチュウ! 01:02, 21 October 2009 (UTC)
- Hur, thought so. I went to go explore the city some more and the bits of land that are only accessable via Surf are much differently shaped. Where did we get that map from, anyway? .-. →Tinā ♫★ 01:04, 21 October 2009 (UTC)
It's not perfect, the trees are not good, but... it's better, or not? --Gabo 2oo 17:08, 23 January 2010 (UTC)
- Yes, definitely. Probably would put the filename under something like 'Violet City HGSS.png' instead, though, but that's a much better map. ▫▪Ťïňắ ♫♥ 17:26, 23 January 2010 (UTC)
- Done. By the way, the strange tree in the small island, it's important? or it's only for decoration? --Gabo 2oo 20:05, 23 January 2010 (UTC)
Items from smashable rocks
It seems like the items from the rocks are random (in a fashion), that would make the Hyper Potion and the Red Shard locations incorrect. For example, I got a Yellow Shard from that rock. I think it should be changed. Wolfenpilot687 05:33, 5 April 2010 (UTC)
- I thought it was a mistake. When I first checked this page it said Yellow Shard, so I edited it because I got a Red Shard instead. It may be a random event since something similar happened to me in Azalea Town where Kurt gave me a Fast Ball instead of a Lure Ball. Can someone please help us here? --SaitoFX 14:11, 3 May 2010 (UTC)
Is this trivia-worthy?
"The local in-game trade is the only way of obtaining a Pokémon with a advantage over the first Gym without a trade, since all available Pokémon, including the starter, and the primary set of the Pokéwalker don't have any advantage." Do you think that this sentence could be shorter? Anyway, we know that it is true, in GSC it Onix at level 14 can learn Rock Throw, in HGSS it can learn the move at level 9.--Igor (talk) 21:10, 17 August 2012 (UTC)
- Mareep can be found in the patch of grass on route 32 between the apricorn bush and the guy who blocks you from the rest of the route. So unless it's Crystal-only trivia, it's not noteworthy, and if it's just Crystal, it's probably not noteworthy either. Luna Tiger * the Arc Toraph 22:59, 17 August 2012 (UTC)
That one right below that big rock with the sign in the Generation II map. Is there any more information about it? Was it left alone during development? Hitmonchan107 (talk) 07:52, 16 August 2013 (UTC)
- I don't think it's accessible in normal gameplay, but it looks like it could be the corner of a proto-Ruins of Alph, especially considering how near the two locations are. It'd be interesting if someone could hack their way over to those signboards and tell us what they say (if anything). Pumpkinking0192 (talk) 08:29, 16 August 2013 (UTC)
- You can enter the house via the ruin of alphs as it is within the area. It's also the place where you get the unown dex.--ForceFire 10:11, 16 August 2013 (UTC)