Please remember to follow the manual of style and code of conduct at all times. Check and Bulbanews for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the or in our IRC channel #bulbagarden on irc.systemnet.info.
Machop → Machoke
Didn't Man's Machop evolve into Machoke in Generation II? - Maxim
- Yep. --TMF T - C 15:52, 20 August 2006 (UTC)
- That's strange...I fired up the Crystal version tonight and sure enough, it's a Machop. I have no idea where the Machoke idea came from (as I know I read it somewhere), but the fact is that it is a Machop.
- Because lots of things change in remakes and i cant think of any examples --lord mada 08:57, 25 June 2008 (UTC)
I always thought it was interesting that when you traded a RBY Machop over to GSC, it arrived with a trade-only item called a 'Brick Piece'. It appears to have no purpose, but it only recently occurred to me that there could be a link between this guy in Vermilion owning a Machop, and needing materials to finish his house... could be a coincidence, I suppose, but I never thought to investigate. Does anyone know if there is a link? -Timothy.
- There is no link. Brick Piece has no purpose, except to pad out certain values from RBY (IIRC the traded held item is based off the RBY catch rate). IIMarckus 07:47, 19 October 2008 (UTC)
Does anyone want to bring up the fact that with the construction of the Cycling Road, aka Route_17, which doesn't feature a drawbridge, it's impossible for Vermilion City to ACTUALLY be a port in any video game it's featured in? Just a thought for the trivia section... Seiyaryen 03:17, 19 December 2009 (UTC)
- This has been bugging me, I'm going to add this in the Trivia section. TailsDM 23:14, 10 August 2010 (UTC)
Spelling of "vermilion"
Although the in-game spelling of the city's name is "Vermilion" with one 'L', I always assumed this to be a text limit restriction. As "vermilion" and "vermillion" are interchangeable spellings, should we take note of this? TailsDM 23:25, 10 August 2010 (UTC)
- No. It's still a correct spelling. Unlike Feraligatr. —darklordtrom 23:56, 12 August 2010 (UTC)
Hey guys, I found some Unobtanium!
So I was running around Vermillion in Pokémon Gold, using my ItemFinder everywhere in an attempt to find that confounded lost Pokédoll for the Copycat — and I went into the Vermillion Harbor and I got a beep. I searched all around in the only area I could access, and then I realized: the item was inaccessible. SO, in a fit of frustration (and curiosity at what in blue-thundering-blazes the item really was), I fired up Pokémon Gold in an emulator and walked through walls all the way to Vermillion to find out. And guess what? It's the Iron that's also hidden (in a similar location) in HeartGold/SoulSilver! :D Too bad I'll never be able to obtain it without a GameShark… :( I guess you can add it to the list of items that are in Vermillion City, though. :D -Kizul Emeraldfire 08:40, 10 June 2012 (UTC)