Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are coming this November! Check and Bulbanews for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the or in our IRC channel.
- 1 Nugget
- 2 Gold Nugget
- 3 pearl -> big pearl
- 4 Tiny + Big Mushrooms in RSE?
- 5 Price of a Nugget?
- 6 Mushrooms
- 7 New Gen V valuable items and jokes
- 8 Mart-sellable items that can be sold to collectors for more?
- 9 Selling to Collectors
- 10 Alignment
- 11 Rare Bone maniac in Route 18
- 12 Big Nugget
- 13 Pearl String
Has Nugget any function other then being sold for a lot of money?Jacce 17:27, 12 February 2008 (UTC)
I really want to add Japanese trivia of the Nugget, because it's an important in-joke of Japanese Pokemon fandom. But I also feel that it's inappropriate at the same time... --Pizzaman 13:07, 10 July 2008 (UTC)
- What would it be? That it's a piece of crap? TTEchidna 15:28, 10 July 2008 (UTC)
It says under Slowpoketail that
- "One key point of interest is when first introduced, the Team Rocket member mentions the Slowpoketail's value as a delicacy, being the first time that it's ever mentioned of the use of any Pokémon as an actual food (for human consumption), a rather controversial subject of what kind of creature is the contributor of meat (of any kind) in the Pokémon world"
- I vaguely remember hearing that. If you can find a clip it would be perfectDCM((曲奇饼妖怪Spy on My Edits))
- Also in the episode when everyone is on the SS Anne it shows them talk about eating a Magikarp. This has happened in many different episodes before Gen II even came out so the statement of "One key point of interest is when first introduced, the Team Rocket member mentions the Slowpoketail's value as a delicacy, being the first time that it's ever mentioned of the use of any Pokémon as an actual food (for human consumption), a rather controversial subject of what kind of creature is the contributor of meat (of any kind) in the Pokémon world. This is also the first time that Pokémon cruelty is mentioned explicitly." is totally wrong. It should be removed completely since its false.--Lycos Ex Mortis 05:57, 10 March 2010 (UTC)
"In Generation IV it is officially announced that nuggets are made of gold, though the Generation III sprite revealed this beforehand."
I remember reading in Generation II, when you select a Nugget (and the description is below), that it says, "Made of pure gold. Sells high". So I would think that the info about Gen IV is wrong. --Dr. James 04:03, 30 September 2009 (UTC)
pearl -> big pearl
On route 20 a swimmer asks if pearls grow bigger inside Cloyster. Do pearls turn into big pearls if you give them to a Cloyster to hold for long enough? --Jared 20:14, 30 September 2009 (UTC)
- Not that I've heard of. —darklordtrom 00:13, 1 October 2009 (UTC)
Tiny + Big Mushrooms in RSE?
I noticed that the sections for the Tiny and Big Mushrooms don't have any information whatsoever regarding their existance in RSE. It appears as though the mushrooms don't exist in RSE, as they neither have any Bag caption information nor any location information. I belive that this should be rectified as soon as would be convinient. --Alex S. 05:56, 15 May 2010 (UTC)
- Well, I forgot to mention this here after I changed it, but by looking through all of our articles on Hoenn locations, I found that Tiny Mushrooms may be found hidden in Petalburg Woods. Big Mushrooms must be traded. --SnorlaxMonster 08:32, 14 July 2010 (UTC)
Price of a Nugget?
It sold for 5000 in the games after Gen.1. How do we include that in the article? Ztobor 19:14, 13 July 2010 (UTC)
- I found a parameter hidden in Template:Item that gave sell notes, so I used that. --SnorlaxMonster 08:32, 14 July 2010 (UTC)
I know that this may be a dumb question, but do Big/TinyMushrooms have any use outside of FRLG? Pawsrent 21:27, 5 August 2010 (UTC)
- Sell it? That's... pretty much it. —darklordtrom 11:28, 6 August 2010 (UTC)
New Gen V valuable items and jokes
There is already a trivia entry for nugget (きんのたま kin no tama), but it looks there are more jokes about valuable items, including mushrooms and pearls. While reading the comments in this page (its in japanese), specially the 46th comment, I've found that the newly introduced items かおるきのこ (kaoru kinoko Fragrant Mushroom) and おだんごしんじゅ (odango shinju Dango Pearl) hide some kind of meaning. Also, there's a new "Huge Nugget" (でかいきんのたま dekai kin no tama). Please, someone with better proficiency in japanese should check this. --Blow (話す) 15:52, 14 November 2010 (UTC)
Mart-sellable items that can be sold to collectors for more?
I keep coming to Bulbapedia, hoping to find information about whether a particular valuable item can be sold for a higher price than what PokeMarts will buy it for, but I can never find the information easily. I know Tiny Mushrooms and Big Mushrooms can be sold for a great deal more money to the maid in the trailer west of Nimbasa, Star Pieces can be traded to a guy in Anville Town, and I feel like I've read somewhere on a different article that Pretty Wings can be sold to a collector as well. Shouldn't there be some indication of alternate uses/buyers in this article? --The Almighty Doer of Stuff 17:10, 26 April 2011 (UTC)
Selling to Collectors
- Firstly, please sign your comments, as per policy. Secondly, I am making such a page at this moment, and will link it in. Thirdly, --TruePikachu 20:19, 11 June 2011 (UTC)
- Because they're separate tables. It's very difficult to set separate tables so that all the cells will be in the same place and the same width without specifying a pixel width, which would make it look really small on some monitors and stretch the page on others. Werdnae (talk) 04:58, 22 January 2012 (UTC)
Rare Bone maniac in Route 18
I started editing the Big Nugget description, but I forgot/don't know some info on it. Could someone please finish editing it? Thanks. Let's see, I don't know the price to buy it (or if you can) and I forget the in-game description. Other than that I think it's good. Totovyle 08:52, 12 December 2013 (UTC)
I received a string of pearls twice from a regular Duchess. It would appear that it is not only Diantha who gives them out, but possibly all female nobility of Duchess or higher. Can anyone confirm this? Has anybody gotten the pearl string from a male character? Nokota (talk) 12:14, 29 December 2013 (UTC)