Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire have been announced!
Check and Bulbanews for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the or in our IRC channel.
Naetle seems to be a cross between a snapping turtle and a sapling. --Kanga 02:34, 15 August 2006 (UTC)
Attacks - Unconfirmed and Likely to be fake
The Attacks of new Pokémon were reported on the Blue SkY Blog, right. It first reported the names of new starters (it was real information). But it recently became infamous of posting FAKE informations. One of them first leader's name, Zack. He was revealed to be named Hyouta few days. And second is three fake Pokémon Names (Marsula, Garinan, Samusamu). There is no sign about these Pokémon and one of the infamous Fake Pokémon was named "Samu" (only two final characters of the name can be seen). So, the most recent informations on this blog are likely to be fake. And they're still unconfirmed. So, they should be removed from Bulbapedia until official announce of the attacks (It will prove if they're real or fake).
Sorry for bad grammar (I am not native english speaker) - Maxim
I don't see why not! Taromon777 16:36, 2 February 2009 (UTC)
where's the platinum artwork from?--Davidaipom 17:11, 28 June 2008 (UTC)
- I think you just answered that. Platinum. Someone found it somewhere, likely the official site. TTEchidna 01:17, 29 June 2008 (UTC)
- Yeah I did lol. Thanks for your help.--Davidaipom 21:07, 2 July 2008 (UTC)☆♪♫
*Turtwig is the only starter Pokémon that knows a move that is neither Normal-type nor its primary type when given to the player.
- But it starts with Tackle, and that's a Normal-type move.--☆Tavisource 01:40, 9 January 2009 (UTC)
- Give it a hard refresh. — THE TROM — 22:51, 23 April 2009 (UTC)
Kangaskhan as Father? Is that a typo or am I reading this section backwards?
I was trying to figure out what to breed my Torterra with and I saw Double-Edge listed with Kangaskhan as a father. I know that all Kangaskhans are female. Does this mean I've been reading this section backwards all along, or was Kangaskhan included in the list by mistake? I thought the section was to tell you which male Pokémon to breed with a female of the species in question. I would appreciate some guidance...I may need to go make some more eggs... --Kim/Andula***Pearl_Girl 03:43, 22 October 2009 (UTC)
- You're reading the section correctly, males pass on egg moves and females pass on species. I have no idea if the Kangaskhan is included because of an error or because there's some weird way to chain breed it with Turtwig, sorry I can't be much more help. My bet's on it being an error though. ZestyCactus 03:51, 22 October 2009 (UTC)
- It isn't an error. Though it says that Kangaskhan as a father, that doesn't mean you can get it without cheating. Since Turtwig and Kangaskhan are in the same egg group and because Kangaskhan can learn Double-Edge, if you hack to get a male Kangaskhan with Double-Edge and breed it with a female Turtwig/Grotle/Torterra, the offspring would have Double-Edge. Turtwig A Contributions Talk 01:39, 24 October 2009 (UTC)
Might make good trivia.--Mtn otter We are the Void 18:37, 25 October 2009 (UTC)
- It should be in this article and not this article as it has more to do with egg groups than Turtwig or Kangaskhan. Turtwig A Contributions Talk 18:50, 25 October 2009 (UTC)
expanding on the egg moves part, i managed to breed rocksmash onto my turtwig egg. i did this with a lvl 100 torterra with rocksmaash, woodhammer, eartquake and crunch. i bred it with a ditto. how is this possible? or was it missed out of the breeding liss. pls explain--Ben7229 11:39, 8 November 2009 (UTC)
I think it happened because turtwig can learn rock smash as a hm move --Grungle7 12:02, 8 November 2009 (UTC)
- It is because Turtwig can learn it and because Torterra had it as one of its moves. TMs also pass through breeding so it would learn it. Turtwig A (talk | contribs) 13:36, 8 November 2009 (UTC)
shouldn't this be mentioned in breeding moves then?--Ben7229 15:06, 8 November 2009 (UTC)