Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire have been announced!
Check and Bulbanews for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the or in our IRC channel.
Change of Formatting
I changed the formatting from one table into something that I believe is a little more in the MediaWiki style, especially for lists -- headings and their contents. The table, IMO, did not go with the rest of the world's MediaWikis and was narrow, center-aligned, and probably had a static look no matter what skin you happen to be using. Use of MediaWiki formatting is probably preferred here, so I changed it. Surgo 20:52, 14 July 2006 (UTC)
Dude. I typed in "List of Trainer Classes" (Note the capitals), and this came up without a redirect sign.
- Do you have it in a searchbar? I know that sometimes happens to me... TTEchidna 23:53, 9 November 2007 (UTC)
Colo/XD Trainer Sprites
I found some images of Oore trainers over at Pokémon-Safari. They're here and here. Be aware that we will need to gain the webmaster's permission before we can use them --Manga-in-a-bottle 06:14, 19 January 2008 (UTC)
- Hmmm... You should inform an admin, like TTEchidna, or maybe even Zhen Lin.PokeManiac102 06:16, 19 January 2008 (UTC)
Tower Tycoon and Salon Maiden
Why is Tower Tycoon listed as first appearing in Diamond and Pearl, when it actually appeared in Emerald? Salon Maiden is listed under Emerald, but in reality, Salon Maiden was just a strange dubbing done by NoA who then realised they couldn't use it for Palmer since he isn't a maiden. It's deceptive to say that Tower Tycoon first appeared in D/P, even if that was when the term first came into the English canon. This encyclopedia is supposed to be promoting accurate information about Pokémon, for all regions, not just America. So Salon Maiden should be mentioned, but Tower Tycoon should also be in the Emerald section. This creates the problem of it being the only class which doubles up in its section. Any suggestions? Satosuke 17:26, 28 September 2008 (UTC)
- By all means. Same Japanese names = Same thing. It's a rule. So, I'm correcting it! --Maxim 17:28, 28 September 2008 (UTC)
PBR Trainer Classes
They're less treated as a trainer class, but more of a title. I'm fairly sure a player can obtain a few.
Currently, we have separate articles for each "class". When it's taken into account, the title only gives a hint as to what sort of Pokémon the Trainer has, there's nothing much else to it. Is there much of a point for these separate articles? Gywall(Talk) 14:00, 17 October 2008 (UTC)
I think it could be interesting to add the names of the trainers classes in other languages... I can write the italian ones... what do you think? Toto94 16:20, 4 December 2008 (UTC)
- I also considered that. Go ahead and make a list. But only for the main game trainers. No Colosseum/XD/PBR classes please. --Maxim 16:24, 4 December 2008 (UTC)
- Ok. I'll start working now. How can I call subsections? "Other languages"? Toto94
Plain "Trainer Classes"
I vote on moving the page to "Trainer Class(es)" and we describe what trainer classes are, etc. We can't just have a list and automatically assume that people will know everything about trainer classes.19:35, 4 May 2009 (UTC)
- I did the move for you, as "Trainer class" redirected here already and had to be deleted beforehand. Feel free to fill in the new lead section. — THE TROM — 21:38, 5 May 2009 (UTC)
- Factory Head is in Gen III. -Sketch 16:31, 3 June 2009 (UTC)
Some of the Team-based Trainer classes, like, for example, Rocket Grunt, are little to no different from equivalent Trainer classes of other regions, like the Magma Grunt, Aqua Grunt, and Galactic Grunt.
Basically, what I'm getting at is that maybe we merge Rocket Boss, Aqua Boss, Magma Boss, and Galactic Boss, as well as the respective Grunts, and maybe the executive-levels as well (Rocket Executive, Magma Admin, Aqua Admin, Galactic Commander). TTEchidna 14:41, 6 May 2010 (UTC)
- I say no. Even though they basically correspond with one another, their Pokémon preferences, character design, etc. are different enough that they can't be considered the same. It would be like merging Camper and Picnicker, or Bug Catcher and Bug Maniac. Plus then they'd have to have Team Magma, Aqua, Rocket, and Galactic nav templates at the bottom, and that'd just get ugly. --AndyPKMN 19:09, 6 May 2010 (UTC)
- Yeah, it's lame. Somebody else try one: