|Due to special coding in place in the article to illustrate Tornadus's forms, certain displays will change showing Tornadus as though it were in Incarnate Forme. This will only affect the artwork shown in the infobox, the EV yield shown on the page itself, the anime image shown, and the base stats entry which is unhidden. This changes every day, so when the time comes, click to return to the page and change the display.|
What happens when he roosts? PikaNinja7 16:43, 9 November 2010 (UTC)
- From what I've heard, he becomes Normal-type. --AndyPKMN 21:23, 9 November 2010 (UTC)
- Except he can't learn Roost. More than likely this was made since because the ???-type was removed in Gen V, and previously when a pure Flying-type Pokemon used Roost, it became ???. Maybe it would need to be tested though, hacking Roost onto a Sky Plate Arceus, or onto Tornelos - and then noting the result. That is if the game doesn't crash. TheChrisD Rants•Edits 18:13, 21 November 2010 (UTC)
Why is Tornelos' picture not showing up in the infobox?
I've cleared the history and the cookies on Opera, but it's still not showing Tornelos' picture in the infobox. And the same thing is happening on the file, too. Could someone fix this?
~~LDEJRuff~~ (see what I've contributed) 17:15, 21 November 2010 (EDT)
- There is no way to fix this except to wait. The Archives server and Bulbapedia's server don't always sync up on time, hence the image not appearing right away on the BP side. —♥ Jellotalk 22:18, 21 November 2010 (UTC)
Official source. Tornadus is based on a Fūjin.
The source is Nintendo Dream vol.205. Sawamular101 02:23, 12 April 2011 (UTC)
Either of these may be a name source for Tornadus...
- Um... I doubt that. Every one of the Kami Trio's names end in -us, and the beginning of Tornadus's name very clearly comes from Tornado. Sharing the last two letters does not a name origin make. --AndyPKMN (talk) 11:03, 16 April 2011 (UTC)
Respawn after beating Elite Four
I've read on a few sites that if fainted, Tornadus/Thundurus will respawn again after you beat Elite Four again, can anyone confirm that this is the case? IPeer 16:41, 5 May 2011 (UTC)
- Yes, just like every legendary since Platinum. Blazios 16:45, 5 May 2011 (UTC)
Should we note that hacked Tornadus's type becomes Normal when he uses Roost as evident in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQI-khPHGtg&feature=sub ? Toadstool 16:28, 23 June 2011 (UTC)
Hall of Fame
When your party Pokemon are entered into the Unova Hall of Fame, each Pokemon is shown with a background based on their primary type. So would Tornadus be the only Pokemon to have the Flying-type background? Or can Sky Forme Arceus also have this? XVuvuzela2010X 06:39, 24 July 2011 (UTC)
This is a big..weird one. The rain will come in a place...route 3..or route 2. For me at least. But once it starts rianing, it will often make me fight normal fights, which eventually cancel the rain. I have some proof that running back and forth through buildings, or onto different routes, will make the rain reappear...Does anyone know about a way to predict this outcome? Cause its rather maddening, and I think its valuable information to those who have less free time than me! PowerPlantRaichu 13:06, 22 October 2011 (UTC)
- That happens to me too. You can't expect Tornadus to just fly to us when he flees when we catch up to him, anyway. --☆ヨッシ ー の世界☆ 13:12, 22 October 2011 (UTC)
- I see this was asked years ago, but for anyone else checking the page: My experience has been that he flies back and forth between a couple of zones based on the time of day, so Route 2 or 3 (or 18) if it is morning time. When you enter the zone and it is raining he is there but if you get into a fight, the rain goes away. If you run around the zone until you find wind then enter the grass you will usually find him. Degrelecence (talk) 14:10, 24 June 2013 (UTC)
Considering what we know about Tornadus's original design being red according to the interview in Nintendo Dream with Ken Sugimori, should we make a triva note about it, which would also explain his mini sprite being redish instead of purple? The Frostbite Dragon 23:47, 15 February 2012 (UTC)
- I think the fact that he was originally going to be red should be noted, but not the speculation part. --SnorlaxMonster 11:26, 9 March 2012 (UTC)
Sacred Beast Forme
According to Serebii.net, Tornadus, along with Thundurus and Landorus, have their forms. Their original forms are Incarnation Formes. Their new forms are Sacred Beast Formes. They are 198, 199 and 200 in the Unova Dex and have no type changes.
- Tornadus' Sacred Beast Forme focuses on Defense, Speed & Special Defense. It is 1.4m and weighs 63.0kg
- Thundurus' Sacred Beast Forme has increased Special Attack. It is 3.0m and weighs 61.0kg
- Landorus' Sacred Beast Forme has increased Attack. It is 1.3m and weighs 68.0kg
Please add these to their pages. Thanks.
- We know already. Ataro 19:02, 14 May 2012 (UTC)
- To prevent people from adding info that is currently limited and may or may not be correct. And why did you sign in with unsigned? Please sign in with four tildes. (~ <- these things) Ataro 20:46, 15 May 2012 (UTC)
Physiology and Origin Update, plus trivia
Since Tornadus has two formes, each with a different physiology, his article must reflect this with an update. This is just like the one I posted on Landorus' talk page. In bat anatomy, the sharped curved structures on their wings are called thumbs. For lack of a better term I'm making use of that word for the purple claw structures on its wings.
In Keshin Forme, Tornadus is a green, muscular humanoid Pokémon, which resembles a genie. On his head are two, purple, long and sharp horns on its forehead. Tornadus has white, wavy and billowy styled hair, a spiky white mustache and two pointed green ears on either side of its head. His eyes are yellow with beady white irises and no visible pupils. The front of Tornadus' body is covered in various, irregularly shaped purple spots. His broad, purple chest consists of two joined, partially diamond shaped pecks, which extend to under its neck. His shoulders, elbows and navel are adorned with raindrop like designs. He has two spotted muscular arms, with five fingers on each hand. His lower body consists of a trailing cloud, with a purple long, curling tail, tipped with a whirl. Spanning the length of its tail, Tornadus has several whorled structures. They are a light Khaki color, and follow the same direction as the tip of its tail.
In Reijuu Forme, Tornadus is a large, green, bipedal, long-necked, birdlike-like Pokémon. It now lacks any visible ears, and the horns on its forehead have become thinner and crest-like. Tornadus' hair is also now crest-like, and the direction of its hair whirl is reversed. The style of its hair is now more relaxed as well, proudly flowing down its long neck. Tornadus' mustache now takes on a more beak-like appearance, puffing out on the edges like course plumage against its cheeks. Its eyes remain yellow, but with larger irises which still lack visible pupils. Tornadus' arms have now become large spanning, feathered wings; each possessing thumbs and five large, purple tipped primary feathers. It has two strong legs and sharp talons, each with three sharp purple claws and two dewclaws. Tornadus' tail remains largely unchanged, although it appears slightly longer and less curved then before.
Well since Shaymin has two origins, one for each form I guess we should get to work on one for Tornadus.
So far it would appear Landorus' new forme is Mammalian in nature, where Tornadus is Avian and Thundurus is Reptilian/Dinosaur like.
Anyways Here's what I have for the Origins Section, Its not much but we got to start somewhere.
In Reijuu Forme, Tornadus seems to be based off of a bird of prey, most likely an eagle or vulture or other large bird.
- Both Tornadus and the Fūjin Statue at Taiyū-in in Nikkō are green,
let me know what you think and if its up to code. I'll work on Thundurus's stuff tomorrow Yamitora1 02:52, 19 May 2012 (UTC)
Miss leading ability box
These applies to all of the trio but there's point of writing this on all 3 pages. The ability box seems to imply that both Formes have Defiant as their hidden ability, but only the Incarnate Forme does. Therian formes only have the one ability. Jmvb (talk) 10:15, 27 October 2012 (UTC)