Please remember to follow the manual of style and code of conduct at all times.
Check and Bulbanews for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the or in our IRC channel #bulbagarden on irc.systemnet.info.
Talk:The Official Pokémon Handbook
I cherished this book (even if it was inferior to the Japanese Pocket Monsters handbook that my friend had, and even though it contained errors). I've misplaced it. I hope I can find it again.
However, I do own copies of the sequel books, #2 and #3. Should articles be created for them? Their official titles are:
- The Official Pokémon Handbook #2
- The Official Pokémon Handbook #3
But the hash (#) in the titles is probably not feasible for article titling.
- TIMMY 12:02, 12 December 2008 (UTC)
I have the deluxe handbook, and the artwork for Lapras shows its lower jaw as blue, rather than white in official artwork. Good enough error? Tails0600 00:33, 31 August 2009 (UTC)
- Dude, so long as it's an error, you dont need to ask. Just put it on.--Dark ICE (User:Cold)(page, talk) 00:37, 31 August 2009 (UTC)
Should it be noted that the species names are actually under the heading Type (the elemental type(s) are under Element), as opposed to the Species listed in the article? At least they are in my non-deluxe copy. Werdnae (talk) 05:07, 22 December 2009 (UTC)
Pikachu and Poké Balls
Correct me if I'm wrong (still looking for a copy of EP001), but Dexter says "...certain Pokémon dislike Poké Balls, like Pikachu...". If that is correct, that would mean Pikachu as a species dislikes Poké Balls. This is further concluded by the fact that (if I remember right) only one Trainer (Ritchie) carries a Pikachu in a Poké Ball in the entire anime. --Nathan2055talk 20:43, 2 February 2011 (UTC)
- I am watching the episode, and Dexter says, "While being trained, a Pokémon usually stays inside its Poké Ball, however, there are many exceptions. Some Pokémon hate being confined." It actually just applies to Ash's Pikachu, because no other Pikachu has expressed its feelings about staying in a Poké Ball. Pokabu82 20:59, 2 February 2011 (UTC)
"In the Deluxe Collector's Edition, the 'A word from Professor Oak' section says that Pokémon is pronounced POH-kay-mahn." How is this an error? Jayt55 02:00, 4 May 2012 (UTC)
- I'm guessing whoever added it was interpreting "ah" as the same as just "a". Zhorken 15:36, 11 May 2012 (UTC)
Top Ten Ways
Why do we have the "top ten ways to care for your Pokémon"? If we have that, then why not add other sections from the book like "a word from Professor Oak"? That makes sense to me. Spyspotter 19:04, 7 June 2013 (UTC)