Please remember to follow the manual of style and code of conduct at all times.
Check and Bulbanews for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the or in our IRC channel #bulbagarden on irc.systemnet.info.
Does anyone know if this move has a percent chance of failure? Schreiber 13:57, 14 November 2009 (UTC)
- I've seen Teleport fail a few times, but only in Generation I. And Generation I had less-accurate battle mechanics than the later games do.--Purimpopoie 13:59, 14 November 2009 (UTC)
I too have seen teleport fail but I don't know the % ^
- There is no percentage of fail, unless the player has a fail moment. You can't use Teleport when in a trainer battle, or when Wrap, Whirlpool, Fire Spin, Magma Storm, Bind, or Sand Tomb was used on your Pokémon. R.A. Hunter Blade 15:13, 24 December 2009 (UTC)
Is there any definite information on where it can be used? Is it the same as Fly, or are the location requirements different? --Kerrick 18:14, 19 April 2010 (UTC)
- Teleport can be used in caves, whereas Fly cannot, although I'm not sure if Teleport can be used to escape buildings. - Takoto 18:50, 19 April 2010 (UTC)
- I'm not sure what game you're talking about, but in Generations I-III, it cannot be used in either caves or buildings. I've never personally tried it in IV or V, so I can't be sure about those. --MrKiwi 18:37, 29 December 2010 (UTC)
At the top of the page, there is a link to "Field move", but while it links to the Ranger field moves, it doesn't say if it is meant to be the Ranger field moves, or the Main Series field moves? Which one should it be? XVuvuzela2010X 04:43, 13 March 2011 (UTC)
- The Ranger one (Specifically, SoA and GS). The main series one is what this page is about anyway. Werdnae (talk) 06:19, 13 March 2011 (UTC)
I'm pretty sure that when used outside of battle, this definition can't be right. While playing Platinum, I healed at the Hearthome City Pokemon Center, then went to the Hearthome Gym and battled a few trainers. Then I stepped outside the building (so I was outside, right in front of the door) and tried to teleport with my Ralts. However, it said that it couldn't be used there. Tk3141 21:19, 23 March 2012 (UTC)