YES, Generation VI is confirmed. PLEASE DO NOT ADD SPECULATION TO PAGES. As soon as information is confirmed by a reliable source, it will be added.
Please remember to follow the manual of style and code of conduct at all times. Check and Bulbanews for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the or irc channel #bulbapedia.
Team Magma Specializes in Fire Types?
Okay, this has been bothering me for a while, and I want to get this straight.
Everyone assumes that Team Magma specializes in Fire-types - even the article states this. However, in the games, where is it stated that they have an affinity with the fire-type? To me, it seems like Team Magma should be affiliated with the Ground-type for several reasons:
- Their goal is to expand the land. Nothing to do with fire.
- Magma itself is based upon hardened, solid lava.
- Groudon itself is a ground-type. Seems odd for a fire organization to go after a ground-type. While Drought increases the power of fire-type moves, again, they capture Groudon to affect the land.
- They mainly use Numel, which is a ground- and fire-type. Although there are plenty of other fire-types in the Hoenn Dex, their only other Pokemon besides the Poochyena and Zubat lines is Baltoy, a ground-type Pokemon. This applies for Ruby AND Emerald.
I know they're more focused on fire-types in the other media, but the games are the original source. As I said, the article states that they focus on fire-types in the games. Is the ground-type thing worth noting?
Oh, and Happy Valentine's Day! Love the new layout. MagicBarrier 19:45, 14 February 2010 (UTC)
- I agree, however they do have an affinity with Fire-types. I changed it a bit to say Fire and Ground types instead of just Fire. --ギザみみピチュー 話して 19:51, 14 February 2010 (UTC)
- While I agree with the fire/ground bit. Apart from in the TCG, I don't think team Magma use Baltoy. :v Is there one in Ruby? If so, where? Tyro 19:57, 14 February 2010 (UTC)