Please remember to follow the manual of style and code of conduct at all times.
Check and Bulbanews for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the or in our IRC channel #bulbagarden on irc.systemnet.info.
Can someone confirm if this can hit a Pokémon using fly, Dig, Bounce etc. Not sure if it was just a blip in my game or me imagining things (it was 2AM in the morning) but my Staraptor used fly then the opponent use submission and it hit whilst it was "Up high" PhantomCX 08:03, 2 April 2008 (UTC)
- It can. TTEchidna 23:55, 2 April 2008 (UTC)
- Yup. Hit me while flying. Unssure of dig etc. Yleron 09:52, 1 August 2010 (UTC)
so then why is it not in the article? Slowking770 06:26, 13 August 2010 (UTC)slowking770
- "Notably, Submission can only be learned by Generation I Pokémon in all generations, except Generation II, where Cyndaquil can learn it as an egg move."
Generation I Pokémon with Generation II evos could learn it as its un-evolved form in I, and then trade to II to evolve.. although only Politoed and Blissey can do this. I'm not sure how to word this on the article, though, so... HALP! D: →Tinā ♫★ 02:09, 4 November 2009 (UTC)
- In all generations, all Pokémon that learn Submission naturally are from a Generation I evolutionary family, with the sole exception of Cyndaquil. In Generation II, other Pokémon such as Blissey may learn this move, but only if they are traded forward with the Time Capsule prior to evolution. Howzat? —darklordtrom 05:35, 4 November 2009 (UTC)
In Generation I, the only Pokemon who can learn this move via level up are Machop and its evolutions. Would that not make it a signature move, at least prior to Generation II?--Black Yin Zekrom 06:31, 13 August 2010 (UTC)
- I don't think so, because of the TM distribution. —darklordtrom 10:37, 13 August 2010 (UTC)