Please remember to follow the manual of style and code of conduct at all times. Check and Bulbanews for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the or in our IRC channel #bulbagarden on irc.systemnet.info.
Talk:Stealth Rock (move)
Is anyone opposed to putting that this move is affected by Type match-ups? It may be a tad obvious but I don't think Spikes is (aside from immunities), and they're both similar moves. --ZellMurasame 01:05, 24 December 2007 (UTC)
- I say we should stick it in. After all, it is kinda special in that way. Tina δ♫ 01:08, 24 December 2007 (UTC)
I second Midnight Celtic 01:21, 24 December 2007 (UTC)
Hmm, I was thinking that since this move is affected by type match-ups, does that include STAB? Can someone test this out? --ZellMurasame 02:08, 25 December 2007 (UTC)
- It can. Someone f'd up when doing the TM thing. I'll add it on her page. TTEchidna 20:23, 27 July 2008 (UTC)
Only non-level move?
- Look it up... ht14 18:51, 2 March 2009 (UTC)
- Or, if you don't want to/can't find the answer, yes. You can lay 3 layers of spikes, 2 layers of Toxic Spikes, and one layer of Stealth Rock. And they can all be down simultaneously. As for learning all three, only Foretress, Omastar, and Smeargle learn all three, but only Smeargle gets Roar/Whirlwind. Oh, but Skarmory does get Whirlwind, Roar, Spikes, and Stealth Rock, but no Toxic Spikes. I'm Missingno. Master. See my new and improved user page, and comment on it! 18:55, 2 March 2009 (UTC)
Thank you, missingno master. Thouch, i din't ask about toxic spikes. Me and my fellow torchics agree on this - Sk8torchic. 23:57, 3 March 2009 (UTC)
Charti Berry "weakens a foe's super-effective Rock-type attack". Stealth Rock can be super-effective. Does that mean that, if I switch in a Pokemon that's weak to Rock when Stealth Rock is in play, Charti Berry will trigger? Or does it not count because Stealth Rock is a passive attack? HerbieHero 18:14, 13 April 2010 (UTC)
Hi,I was just wondering. The page suggests that rhyhorn family and nidoking,in gen 6,can pass down stealth rock through breeding. I checked their pages (and tried to breed down stealth rock to rhyhorn via breeding with tyrunt if that mattered),and it doesn't seem that they can learn it,either by levelling up or breeding,since tm for stealth rock isn't in the sixth gen. Can anyone provide answer? ThanksFiky f (talk) 05:33, 13 July 2014 (UTC)
- In the only case where a Rhyhorn or Nidoking is absolutely necessary to pass down the move in XY (Swinub), it is noted by Swinub's name that the fathers needed have to originate from a Gen 4 game or BW2 with the move already learned via TM or move tutor, and then be imported to XY; this is the only way to have that specific list of Stealth Rockers in XY. But Rhyhorn and Nidoran are in no way suggested, on this page, to be able to learn Stealth Rock as an Egg Move in XY or any other game. Kai * the Arc Toraph 11:42, 13 July 2014 (UTC)