Please remember to follow the manual of style and code of conduct at all times. Check and Bulbanews for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the or in our IRC channel #bulbagarden on irc.systemnet.info.
| Due to special coding in place in the article, the artwork featured on this article will change every year on
This will only affect the artwork shown in the infobox. This changes every year, so when the time comes, clickto return to the page and change the display.
- You know, a mention of that seems fitting. It's purple, too! TTEchidna 00:30, 30 September 2008 (UTC)
Jessie's Pokémon or not?
Possible Relation to Deoxys
Since they have many similarities I think it should be added to the article.
Starmie - Sends mysterious radio signals into the night sky. Can regenerate its arms as long as its beautiful gem-like core remains intact. It is a genderless species, and a Psychic Type.
Deoxys - Creates Auroras in the sky to communicate with other Deoxys. Can also regenerate its entire body as long as its core survives. It is a genderless species, and a Psychic Type.- unsigned comment from Chaos13 (talk • contribs)
they can't possibly be related, the similarites are there but it just doesnt make sense Ataro 17:19, 29 August 2010 (UTC)
Starmie could learn trick room in Gen V but not in Gen four?Meearaimeng 10:41, 31 December 2010 (UTC)
The Mie in Starmie is highly unlikely to mean "me", seeing as how the pun is not present in the Japanese names, as Staryu's Japanese name is Hitodeman. XVuvuzela2010X 15:29, 15 May 2011 (UTC)
- Maybe not in the Japanese, but it's definitely there in the English version. Blazios 15:33, 15 May 2011 (UTC)
- But Starmie's name is unchanged from Japanese. It is already noted in Staryu's name origin, and since it is not part of Starmie's name origin, it shouldn't really be noted. XVuvuzela2010X 15:36, 15 May 2011 (UTC)
Starmie and Gengar are the only 2 Pokémon to be ranked as OU by Smogon in every generation, is this good enough to go into the trivia section? - Wexdarn 20:47, 21 February 2012 (UTC)
- Not notable, Smogon, whilst highly reputable in the fandom, does not really have a place on this page as it is fairly opinion based. --Spriteit 03:58, 22 February 2012 (UTC)
- OK, thank you Wexdarn 07:06, 22 February 2012 (UTC)
I just checked, and Starmie and Staryu are the only Pokémon apart from the Regi- golems that have no identifiable facial features (eyes, nose, mouth). All the other candidates have "eyes", with pupils and such (ex. Magneton) or seem initially faceless but have features which become faces through evolution (ex. Roggenrola). Is this notable enough for trivia, or just too obvious?- unsigned comment from Nickgiac (talk • contribs)