The Pokémon: Symphonic Evolutions concert tour is coming to Philadelphia on September 19th. Seats are limited, so be sure to book your tickets quick!
Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are coming this November! Check and Bulbanews for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the or in our IRC channel.
Shouldnt it be made more clear what the Ev it gives out is. Me and a friend cant tell which it is. I say spd is speed. he says its special defence, the article doesnt make it clear. --Guardian of Earth |SGMS 2010 11:18, 31 August 2008 (UTC)
- I'd help I'm just not very good with EV's I know someone who is. I'll get them to help ;] I think that could be Special Defense.--Davidaipom 11:20, 31 August 2008 (UTC)
- It's Speed. 100% sure. tc26 11:22, 31 August 2008 (UTC)
- Starly is not located at all in Platinum, and needs to be traded?
- But Staravia is and of unknown rarity in the Great Marsh?
- And Staraptor is not located at all in Platinum either, and needs to be traded not evolved?
~Ποκεμανιακα0β 14:09, 18 October 2008 (UTC)
- we just say that when we don't know where exactly it is-----Ultamatecharizard 18:00, 3 November 2008 (UTC)
- Well, I have now updated the info, I have been playing platinum for a bit now, so I just checked the Pokédex for the locations. If something is wrong, could you please change it? Thanks :) --Heaven Arceus 23:05, 8 January 2009 (UTC)
Starly has Keen Eye. It's evolutions have Intimidate. Both Intimidate and Keen Eye have the out-of-battle effect of reducing the chance of running into wild Pokemon. Notable?--Gou 05:27, 14 June 2009 (UTC)
- I would have to say it's not. Oh, and the possessive form of "it" is "its", not "it's". "It's" is a contraction. No offense. --Galladeon 08:17, 14 June 2009 (UTC)
- Ugh... I know the difference between it's and its. I was just typing really fast and not paying attention.--Gou 23:02, 14 June 2009 (UTC)
TRIVIA IS WRONG
- It means that starly is the only Pokémon that can evolve, but hasn't yet, that learns it. But it's still wrong because Zubat can learn it.--Mtn otter We are the Void 02:18, 2 November 2009 (UTC)
- Corection: Zubat only learns it through breeding, so it's still right.--Mtn otter We are the Void 02:20, 2 November 2009 (UTC)
Could Someone Check the Behavior?
I doubt that someone could gather all that information on Starly's behavior, whether or not they have multiple, information-rich sources. Not once has Starly's apparent capacity for communicating in so many calls been referenced as I know of, and (although, being apparently based on a starling, one could presume) it is not a proven statement that Starly eats worms and grubs. Some statements about its social behavior are of unproven sources as well, in particular the specifics of its 'small space'. I think someone might have made most of the information in that section by their own speculation, or have copied it from a few choice phrases about a starling's behavior in a bird book. Could someone check its validity? - unsigned comment from Steph (talk • contribs)
- I think the worms and grubs come from its SoulSilver Pokédex entry. Turtwig A (talk | contribs) 23:40, 15 December 2009 (UTC)
I caught a Starly in Pokémon X that has Reckless instead of Keen Eye. I'm not sure if it's a alternative ability or a hidden one, so I won't add it to the article. Can anyone look into this? Icko (talk) 21:22, 25 November 2013 (UTC)
- Reckless is the hidden ability. Not sure why it's not in the infobox though... ☆The Solar Dragon☆ 21:57, 25 November 2013 (UTC)
Reckless in G5
Shouldn't be noted that Starly's Hidden Ability is Keen Eye in Generation V? Only Staravia and Staraptor have Reckless.