The Pokémon: Symphonic Evolutions concert tour is coming to Philadelphia on September 19th. Seats are limited, so be sure to book your tickets quick!
Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are coming this November! Check and Bulbanews for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the or in our IRC channel.
Spinda's spots have over 4 billion possible combinations
- Source on the number? FabuVinny 20:51, 15 January 2006 (CST)
I have noticed that Spinda has Own Tempo, which negates, fully, the Tangled Feet ability. Anyone know of a reason for this, other than to possibly confuse attentive trainers? Or is it a chance of either ability? Joanassie
- Pokémon can only have one ability. So, some will have one, and some will have the other. It is funny, though, which two it can have. --Pie ~♪♫ 07:37, 24 July 2007 (UTC)
Different pattern pics
I have pics of Spindas, and it clearly shows different patterns on each one. Should I add it here somewhere? --Theryguy512 21:16, 3 October 2007 (UTC)
Do Spinda not have spots in D/P ? Cerberus
- Uh, no. They do. Tina δ♫ 02:50, 2 January 2008 (UTC)
- It's just the base spinda sprite before the spots are calculated 10:45, 3 May 2008 (UTC)
- Maybe all 4,294,967,296 of them? 10:45, 3 May 2008 (UTC)
is that in theory or are there 4,294,967,296 sprites programmed in the game just for spinda?? sorry if it's a stupid question
- 1: No 2: Sign MathijsP 12:56, 26 June 2008 (UTC)
- One sprite is, the game just alters it depending on the Spinda's personality value. TTEchidna 19:27, 26 June 2008 (UTC)
Since Spinda's personality value shifts the plane used to determine the coordinates of it's spots, there's gotta be a predetermined plane of available spots, right? Do we have a picture of it?
Since Spinda's personality value shifts the plane used to determine the coordinates of it's spots, there's gotta be a predetermined plane of available spots, right? Do we have a picture of it?--Skaisdead 02:07, 31 July 2009 (UTC)
No, there is no such predetermined plane. I'm not even sure whether there is a picture for a single spot. When the sprite for Spinda is calculated, the base sprite is taken and then the four spots are put onto it - naturally one spot at a time. -- TCCPhreak 12:16, 04 August 2009
- So they only have four spots each? I didn't see that in the article, wouldn't that be worth mentioning? --sHoggard - rookie Pokéwiz 14:24, 9 August 2010 (UTC)
How many chances would there be to get perfectly symmetrical spot configurations on Spinda? I'm wondering if there's enough of a chance of a symmetrical Spinda to make looking for one worth it. Neo QWERTY 03:19, 23 January 2010 (UTC)
Lipstick on Spinda
I noticed the female Spinda wear lipstick in HGSS (much like female Wobbuffet), but this isn't touched upon in the Sprites or Gender Differences sections yet. Ninsheart 12:43, 28 April 2010 (UTC)
- Uhh... not seeing it on the sprites that I've checked. But it's Hoenn Sound day, so I guess I'll try to check in-game...
13:05, 28 April 2010 (UTC)
- I noticed it on a Spinda that a "Teacher" trainer had on either Route 14 or 15, but I don't exactly remember which one. Ninsheart 14:26, 28 April 2010 (UTC)
I know we just use the base, but wouldn't it be better to use the sprite that matches the artwork and side game sprites, just for consistency? --Goldenpelt 21:43, 7 August 2010 (UTC)
Ditto and Spinda
I know that Spinda's Pattern is based on entirety of it's personality value, but what happens when a Ditto transforms into a Spinda, and why is it not mentioned in the article? Yamitora1 04:20, 28 May 2012 (UTC)
I've been looking into the spot patterns of NPCs' Spinda and have found several Youtube videos that show that Norman's Spinda in Emerald seems to always have the same pattern in his first battle. I have looked at my copy and the pattern seems to be different in at least one rematch (and I'd assume it's actually different through all of them). I was thinking that these sprites (if they are indeed consistent) would be good to add to Norman's party templates. If possible, I think it would also be worth looking into the Spinda that NPCs use in other games. Especially the ones with party templates like Norman in the PWT, Contest opponent Miles, and Battle e card Trainers Collector Junji, Pokéfan Francisco, Pokéfan Kimberly, and Beauty Maiko.--MisterE13 17:45, 13 March 2014 (UTC)
- Bumping this and questioning whether we think we should also get A's Spinda's sprite.--MisterE13 02:43, 28 March 2014 (UTC)
Spinda's spots trivia
It's possible for some of Spinda's spots to be completely overlapped by others, and these overlaps have enough breathing room that several possible "variations" can all look the same. But you can't really call that sort of thing "variations". I have no idea how many "variations" overlapping (or spots placed off of Spinda) cuts out, and without being able to know the right number (or even a ballpark - I wouldn't even bet on "approximately 4 million" right now), I don't think there's any worth to having a trivia point about Spinda's spots. Tiddlywinks (talk) 17:00, 9 August 2014 (UTC)