Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are coming this November! Check and Bulbanews for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the or in our IRC channel.
| Due to special coding in place in the article, the artwork featured on this article will change every year on
This will only affect the artwork shown in the infobox. This changes every year, so when the time comes, clickto return to the page and change the display.
- |heartgolddex=What sounds like its cry may actually be its snores or the rumblings of its hungry belly.
♥02:47, 7 November 2009 (UTC)
- In Generation III, normally the Ruby and Sapphire sprite is the same as Emerald's sprite. However, Snorlax's Emerald sprite is different to the Ruby and Sapphire sprite. The Emerald sprite is similar to the Ruby and Sapphire sprite except it's face isn't smiling and it's feet are smaller. Also, Snorlax has three different Generation III sprites. Lanturn 02:16, 15 November 2009 (UTC)
it mentions the leftovers being on a snorlax 100% or the time in d/p/pt, if this is true, how, because it is uncatchable without hacking/cheating or is this the only way it is obtained? or is it obtained through evolution?--Ben7229 22:44, 9 November 2009 (UTC)
- It's being fixed. Give me some time. I'm making sure everything's clean. ht14 22:51, 9 November 2009 (UTC)
ok, cool--Ben7229 19:52, 10 November 2009 (UTC)
Lick is an Egg Move?
Snorlax can learn Lick by level up. Why is it on the list of Egg moves? Does this just mean that a father who knows Lick will pass it to a baby Snorlax, even if the mother doesn't know Lick? Yenreb 01:36, 3 December 2009 (UTC)
- In a nutshell, yes.
- Keep in mind that the move listings are according to the actual coding of the games. As such, a move can appear as an egg move that's also learned by level or even by TM. --Shiningpikablu252 01:45, 3 December 2009 (UTC)
I've heard a lot of cries, but I'm pretty sure Snorlax has the shortest. Should we put this in the trivia? Carrottime 20:51, 24 January 2010 (UTC)
- I think it might vie for that title with Jigglypuff.--Skaisdead 18:19, 23 April 2010 (UTC)
Yeah Snorlax and Jigglypuff both have a pretty short cry. I think Snorlax just has a tad bit shorter of one. --'Snorlax 19:42, 25 November 2010 (UTC)
Is it worth noting that Sinnoh is the only main region to include Snorlax in it's regional Pokedex wherein Snorlax is not encountered as a road obstacle at some point throughout the game?--Skaisdead 18:19, 23 April 2010 (UTC)
Different sprites in Gen III
Just noticed that all of the base sprites in Gen III of Snorlax is different. Even in Emerald it got a different one than in Ruby and Sapphire. --Mattii 14:09, 2 August 2010 (UTC)
Is It Just Me?
Is it just me, or does Snorlax bear a strong resemblance to the fictitious (and also originally Japanese) creature Totoro? Pokémon was introduced roughly around the time of the movie My Neighbor Totoro as well, and both his mannerisms and appearances are quite similar. Is this worth mentioning? Frenchhorn 20:25, 12 January 2011 (UTC)
- what's toroto?--Ash0011 00:25, 22 January 2011 (UTC)
Snorlax is a Cave Bear?
What makes Snorlax a Cave Bear?Bennell 20:47, 20 March 2012 (UTC)
Cyndaquil, Quilava, and Typhlosion have the same colors as Snorlax.Bennell 20:49, 20 March 2012 (UTC)
One of the entries states that "In HeartGold and SoulSilver, if the player interacts with a Snorlax that is walking with them, the message "SNORLAX is feeling very eager" will appear. This is based on Red, who is also at Mt. Silver, owning a Snorlax as well." However, this does not say that the player's Snorlax has to be in Mt.Silver as the sentence implies. I'm going to go ahead and change it if that's okay. Noah★ (talk) 09:59, 17 September 2012 (UTC)
So I've heard several times that Kabigon comes from the nickname of Game Freak programmer Kōji Nishino. The Japanese Wikipedia page says that this is mentioned in books (exact quote: 「開発スタッフである西野弘二（ゲームフリーク所属）が外見と名前のモチーフになっているということが、関連書籍で幾度か触れられている。」). Unfortunately, this is going to mean Japanese books, so it won't be easy to find. --SnorlaxMonster 10:58, 26 June 2013 (UTC)
Can Snorlax hatch from an Egg
In the trivia section, it says snorlax is the Pokémon with to highest base stat that can hatch out of an Egg. So you can breed with a snorlax and and get another snorlax? Not a munchlax.--Ethan7 (talk) 16:50, 24 November 2013 (UTC)