Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are coming this November! Check and Bulbanews for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the or in our IRC channel.
|Due to special coding in place in the article, the artwork featured on this article will change every year on November 21 and October 15 in celebration of the releases of Gold and Silver in Japan, and Gold and Silver in the United States. This will only affect the artwork shown in the infobox. This changes every year, so when the time comes, to return to the page and change the display.|
Doesn't anyone know about that book called "Magical Creatures and Where to Find Them"? The reason I ask is that one of the creatures mentioned is named Kneazel. I think Kneazel is supposed to be cat-like, but do you think that the name comes from Sneasel or was just a coincidence?-Pokencyclopedia. - unsigned comment from Pokencyclopedia (talk • contribs)
A Google search tells me that a Kneazel is something in Harry Potter... But I am not familiar with those books. --Argy 12:31, 27 August 2005 (CDT)
I read this and also did some research and I found this picture with some info:
thumb|left| This very intelligent cat-like creature can detect the equivocal or not very advisable people. However when a Kneazle sticks to a wizard or a witch, it becomes an excellent pet. Kneazle has a provided fur, large ears, and the tail of a lion. So make out what you want from it... Tesh 15:57, 27 September 2007 (UTC)
- I think you're kinda reaching if you think that Sneasel and Kneazel are related. Coincidences happen sometimes; hell, look at Jo's Harry Potter and Neil Gaiman's Timothy Hunter. Damn near identical looking teenage boy wizards, published almost on top of each other. So close together that it's impossible for either to have drawn the idea from the other. It's just a simple, happy coincidence. LostDrewid 06:59, 2 May 2008 (UTC)
Anyone who is more comfortable with Bulbapedia's Manual of Style interested in updating Sneasel's learnset to the current standard? I'd do it, but I'm bad with wiki tables. If no one else does it, I'll give it a shot. LostDrewid 06:59, 2 May 2008 (UTC)
Sneasel cannot learn Icy Wind?
Oddly enought, Serebbi stated that Sneasel cannot learn Icy Wind via Platinum move tutor. Is that true? I need to know this before entering Platinum tutors for Sneasel/Weavile. --Gorebyss 16:23, 20 October 2008 (UTC)
- not sure, but it learns Icy Wind via level-up anyway. -- Umbee 19:21, 29 November 2008 (UTC)
As you can see, Sneasel's normal Crystal backsprite differs from the Gold and Silver one. The most striking difference is the color but it's been redone slightly apart from that. Think there'd be any way to get that onto Sneasel's sprite table? Darkeiya 10:37, 11 January 2009 (UTC)
- We're going to eventually have to handle it, seeing as FRLG sprites for some are different, such as Wartortle and Venusaur. ht14 03:36, 8 March 2010 (UTC)
- I like how It's been over a year and we still haven't added a column. Are we ever going to add that 2nd backsprite column or have we abandoned the thought? Malake256 04:26, 13 May 2010 (UTC)
In the anime Pokedex section. 'Sneasel can retract or extend its claws' - 'Sneasel can extend of retract its claws'. Littlmiget123 14:43, 22 October 2009 (UTC)
Just caught a Sneasel that was holding a Grip Claw. I have no idea what the rate is, but it happened. Someone explore further? Anaphysik 02:53, 8 March 2010 (UTC)
- So, several other sites list it as 50%... added. Anaphysik 02:55, 8 March 2010 (UTC)
Rare in Platinum?
Judging by the encounter rates, Sneasel only seems rare in Platinum in Lake Acuity and Snowpoint Temple, which is only two of the places it is available in. In the other three, it is equal or greater to its rate in Diamond and Pearl, with the exception of Route 217 at night. I think labeling it as common seems more appropriate.--Grammernatzi 09:28, 21 July 2010 (UTC)