The Pokémon: Symphonic Evolutions concert tour is coming to Washington, D.C. on August 15th and Philadelphia on September 19th. Seats are limited, so be sure to book your tickets quick!
Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire have been announced!
Check and Bulbanews for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the or in our IRC channel.
| Due to special coding in place in the article, the artwork featured on this article will change every year on
This will only affect the artwork shown in the infobox. This changes every year, so when the time comes, clickto return to the page and change the display.
Should it be noted (and for Slowking too) that despite being a Shellder latched onto it's tail, the thing on it's tail in no way resembles Shellder or even Cloyster (though it's closer to Cloyster I suppose)? I'm not disputing what it is, it's clearly stated in the games that it's Shellder. I just think it's interesting that it looks -nothing- like it. [[Derian]]
- I would say that it would fit better in Shellder's article but it may fit in here as well. Solar Dragon 15:31, 31 August 2009 (UTC)
Missing Evolution to Slowking
Missing Evolution to Slowking. Perhaps it should be added. --JP585 15:24, 31 May 2011 (UTC)
- Slowbro doesn't evolve into Slowking. - unsigned comment from Missingno. Master (talk • contribs) 15:26, 31 May 2011 (UTC)
I may be wrong, but aren't Slowbro and Slowking the only time 2 Pokémon can be in the same Poké Ball? Nick Walrus 05:46, 19 November 2011 (UTC)
- Some sprites have Mantine and Remoraid, and in some canons, a Magneton really is just three Magnemites. Then there's Metang being made of Beldum, and Metagross being made of Metang. Then Kangaskhan....*droning* anyway, it's an iffy statement. ★Jo the Marten★ ಠ_ಠ♥ 05:48, 19 November 2011 (UTC)
Emerald shiny sprite mistaken?
The shiny sprite for Emerald features a blue tongue, but I'm not sure whether that was a spriter's error or from the game, as I never owned that particular game, myself. A quick google search though shows that other websites with game sprite collections have a normal-colored tongue for Slowbro's shiny sprite. If the sprite in the article is mistaken, could someone more familiar with editing sprites fix it? --ACDragonMaster 09:10, 3 March 2012 (UTC)
- It is indeed an error. It's not noted here because it was decided to remove them because the sheer number of sprite errors were taking up large amounts of Trivia space. However, it has been added to this page. XVuvuzela2010X 10:19, 3 March 2012 (UTC)
Two pieces of trivia that appear pointless
- The mention that nobody knows what happened to the Shellder after the Pokémon allegedly devolves
- The mention that it is unknown if the Shellder was shiny prior to "biting" on a shiny Slowpoke/Slowbro
Slowbro is based on a hippopotamus, a cartoonish one specifically.Bennell 21:11, 20 March 2012 (UTC)
It doesn't look anything like a salamander. I'm not sure about it being a "giant otter" too.Bennell 19:54, 21 March 2012 (UTC)
It's speculated that the family is based on various species of otter (as well as hippopotamuses) due to the fact that it hunts (presumably for fish) and is associated with shellfish. Hippos are herbivores. It is physically similar to both Giant Otters as well as Pygmy Hippopotamuses. Slowprobro 15:57, 17 April 2012 (UTC)
I mean't that Slowpoke isn't specically a giant otter but a different kind of otter and I believed it was a sea otter due to it's marine nature and association with shellfish.Bennell 20:47, 18 April 2012 (UTC)
Trivia: "Only mention of devolving"
- This is the only mentioning of a Pokémon possibly devolving anywhere in the Pokémon games, aside from a card in the game versions of the TCG.