Please remember to follow the manual of style and code of conduct at all times.
Check and Bulbanews for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the or in our IRC channel #bulbagarden on irc.systemnet.info.
Talk:Skill Swap (move)
- I think so. That's how I remember it.--Clarky13 03:05, 21 March 2009 (UTC)
- Yes you can. I have it on a Wormadam for that exact reason, since Anticipation is kinda useless. Dexington 03:09, 21 March 2009 (UTC)
Will the Skill Swap stay in effect after the Pokemon is switched out? CubeShapedWatermelon 02:49, 19 June 2009 (UTC)
- Come on, someone needs to answer this! It is important to mention in the article! --sHoggard - rookie Pokéwiz 13:45, 4 August 2010 (UTC)
The user employs its psychic power to swap abilities with the foe. Tk3141 05:07, 8 March 2012 (UTC)
- You aren't able to edit the article? I'll add it in then. I put the template there, still need to get out my gamecube so I can start doing the Colo and XD descriptions for moves. Frozen Fennec 05:09, 8 March 2012 (UTC)
- I might have been able to, but I wasn't sure about the format and didn't want to mess anything up. Tk3141 16:25, 8 March 2012 (UTC)
Parental Bond Issues
So, apparently if you use Skill Swap on a Kangaskhan that just Mega Evolved, it loses parental bond and gains the user's ability, but the user of Skill Swap seems to get screwed. I tried this with a Sylveon right at the start of the battle, Mega Kangaskhan got Pixilate, but Sylveon got what i guess might be Scrappy? Mega Kangaskhan only does its attacks once, and so does Sylveon. Also, it would seem that Mega Kangaskhan does not display Pixilate's activation que when using a normal type move. I only figured out it got pixilate thanks to using crush claw on a Chestnaught and it saying super effective. I'm still not sure if Sylveon copies Scrappy or if it keeps pixilate as its ability. Could someone help me research and verify this?Yamitora1 (talk) 00:34, 7 January 2015 (UTC)
- Well, it appears it didn't get scrappy, i lucked out and faced a Mismagius and tried to use return on it. Ok, so when I first use Skill Swap on Mega Kangaskhan, it doesn't show their ability captions switching (which i guess might be because they're allies?) but it also seems like Sylveon will not get Parental Bond until Mega Kangaskhan has fainted or been removed from the battle. Yamitora1 (talk) 00:54, 7 January 2015 (UTC)
- When you talk about facing Mismagius, do you mean that Return didn't affect Mismagius (0 damage)? And when you talk about Mega Kangaskhan fainting or being removed, you mean you did that and suddenly Sylveon was making two attacks?? Tiddlywinks (talk) 01:18, 7 January 2015 (UTC)