Please remember to follow the manual of style and code of conduct at all times. Check and Bulbanews for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the or in our IRC channel #bulbagarden on irc.systemnet.info.
I tried this ability out and I got confused. Can sombody explain how this ability works? After I used Defence Curl three times, I thought that it would be maxxed out. So I used it once more to check, and I found that I could use it. If this doubles the potency of stat enhancing moves, how could I use the move after it had maxxed out? OR does it simple mean I can boost a stat so that it an become 8× larger, rather than 4×? TESHIGIGAS 22:35, 24 March 2008 (UTC)
- please sign your comments with four tildes (~~~~). It was actually refering to the Ground egg group, not the Ground type. I've clarified that on the page. Werdnae (talk) 08:34, 30 April 2010 (UTC)
Im pretty sure in generation V this no longer doubles damage from critical hits. I used simple beam on my vanilluxe with frost breath and it did identical damage before and after the simple beam was in place. Kaijin 01:28, 8 May 2011 (UTC)
Kaijin; maybe you forgot to stat boost it first? Its base power wouldn't change if it's stats didn't. Venus253 17:52, 9 May 2012 (UTC)
Lemma get me a while.
As far as I saw, Swoobat with Simple used Calm Mind. It said that stats rose sharply, which is a +2 boost. That means text changed due to the Ability. The flavor text changes depending on the stage.
- +-1 - nothing
- +2 - Sharply (Greatly in Generation I)
- +3 - Drastically
- +4 - ? (+2 move with Simple I'll guess)
- +5 - ?
- +6 - Immensely
- -2 - Harshly (Greatly in Generation I)
- -3 - Severely
- -4 - ? (-2 move with Simple)
- -5 - ?
- -6 - ? (Swallow/Spit Up at 3 Stockpiles with Simple ability)
Can anyone check if there is something for these levels? Marked +-+-+ 21:42, 26 May 2012 (UTC)