Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are coming this November! Check and Bulbanews for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the or in our IRC channel.
Talk:Shaymin (Pokémon)/Archive 1
| This is a talk page archive.
It contains old discussions of topics relating to the article. Please do not add or remove any content from it.
Sheimi's name origin
I dont see how "Sheimi" could have come from the word "shy". It's pronounced "shay-mee" not "shy-mee".
Shaman? Aiddat 18:45, 19 April 2007 (UTC)
- Well, once again..."shay". Shaman's "shah"...but it's more probably than "shy" in any case. I mean, Blastoise is consistently pronounced incorrectly, considering it's "blast" and "tortoise".--Ｌｏｖｅはドコ？ 00:32, 20 April 2007 (UTC)
- I've heard Shaman mispronounced shayman a lot in various forms of media. Mostly as a joke, really. So that may be where it has come from. Sadron 20:30, 18 November 2007 (UTC)
Shaymin Could be partly derived from stamen. Kabutops master 8:20 pm june 17, 2007
I pretty sure the official artwork for Shaymin hasn't been released, but I've seen a page of corocoro featuring Shaymin's TCG. Could we use that instead of the sprite? Verity☆Lies 20:20, 6 October 2007 (UTC)
- I dunno, I like his sprite XD Sadron 20:32, 18 November 2007 (UTC)
The shortest Pokémon in existence?
Supposedly this fact is stated in Shaymin's Pokédex entry. Is this in the Japanese games? --Johans 17:46, 29 October 2007 (UTC)
- By "Pokédex entry" we mean the height/weight info (which is present in the Pokédex), not the little blurb about Shaymin.--Ｌｏｖｅはドコ？ (talk • contribs) 05:14, 30 October 2007 (UTC)
Seems like 8 inches is the minimum Pokemon height. Though, for all we know they'll come out with a pokemon that lives around the atoms of matter some day, VERY small. Sadron 20:33, 18 November 2007 (UTC)
- I'd rather Pokémon never were shorter than Pokérus, even if they represent atoms, sub-atomic particles, etc. Just like how some Bug-type Pokémon are huge despite them being insects. --Johans 07:17, 19 November 2007 (UTC)
Shaymin Fan artwork
- Yea, though I don't like fan artwork, it looks pretty good! --Theryguy512 11:51, 8 January 2008 (UTC)
- Why not use a PBR screenshot? That's official. Zurqoxn 03:13, 9 January 2008 (UTC)
- Nobody seems to be able to get an actual screenshot (as in not a photo of their television). I asked for a PBR screenshot for Arceus too a while back, to no fruition.--Ｌｏｖｅはドコ？ (talk • contribs) 05:03, 9 January 2008 (UTC)
- Imo.. it's prettier. ;>___> Bit more easier on the eyes instead of that particular shade of green. Both were rather cute tho ^^ Tina δ♫ 21:06, 13 January 2008 (UTC)
- Okay, replacing it was one thing. I don't mind that if she feel's that hers is superior towards mine. But to go and delete it? That's just down right offensive. --'ケンジ'ガール 22:02, 13 January 2008 (UTC)
- If she went so far as to delete it then I think it's not wanted. I'm just gonna post it on my userpage. --'ケンジ'ガール 22:59, 13 January 2008 (UTC)
Wow, I didn't expect this to blow up so much. The reason I deleted Kenji-girl's art was because I did not know we had her permission to use it... When I went to the Archives I saw Fabu-Vinny was the last person to edit it, so I assumed he had uploaded it (obviously now I know I was mistaken). I also noticed there were some inaccuracies in her art when compared to the sprite, so when coupled with the ambiguous source I decided to err on the side of caution and replace it. While we usually do not allow fan art (even for user pages-- that's Bulbagarden's bandwidth, not your personal storage space), in this case we don't have anything official. Because we are strict about allowing fan art we want the most accurate portrayal possible, and we need the absolute permission of the artist. FYI, Kasumi, Pie, and I are the staff artists for Bulbagarden. Having an administrator rather than an average user upload his/her own art gives the site consistency throughout its wikis and reduces almost all issues with licensing. Because I now know Kenji-girl created the art for Bulbagarden, I will let it stay in the Archives as a portrayal of a Pokémon that has no official artwork (and for use on her user page). However, this does not mean that the Shaymin and Arceus categories should be flooded with fan representations. I will also not make any further changes to the image code in Shaymin's 'pedia article. You guys can decide what to do; you can change it back to Kenji-girl's if you please. Sorry for all this (especially to Kenji-girl-- I meant no offense). I should have asked Fabu-Vinny before acting. --Argy 05:52, 14 January 2008 (UTC)
POLL CLOSED. Look, Kenji-girl's art was there first, so it's only fair that hers stays. I deleted it because I was not sure of the origin. Her art will stay in the 'pedia article until we get some official art. I did not want this to turn into a competition AT ALL. --Argy 20:39, 14 January 2008 (UTC)
Okay, well personally, I think that the current one makes it look like a rabbit (no offense!), and obviously, other users are debating agaisnt which picture to use. So, why don't we
start a big, annoying, stupid poll have a mini-vote right here to decide which one to use?
- Here are the choices:
- Another fsking poll? Ugh.. oh well.. I like Argy's, but then again I like her style. xD Tina δ♫ 23:14, 13 January 2008 (UTC)
- I just really like this one a lot more.--Ｌｏｖｅはドコ？ (talk • contribs) 05:25, 14 January 2008 (UTC)
- Looks more like Shaymin...--Theryguy512 23:25, 13 January 2008 (UTC)
- This one looks less like a fan art, even though I don't completely like it. --Johans 04:50, 14 January 2008 (UTC)
- --DarthCookieMonster 14:28, 14 January 2008 (UTC)
- Guys please don't do this. I don't want to know how everyone prefers Argy's over mine. I don't care that her's is on the page. I was just angry that it was deleted from the archives. I already re-uploaded it and it's displayed on my userpage. --'ケンジ'ガール 23:46, 13 January 2008 (UTC)
- I just don't want a war to get started over this. If you want to hold a poll, than I guess it's okay... --'ケンジ'ガール 00:01, 14 January 2008 (UTC)
- Hopefully Shaymin will have an artwork at Smash Bros. DOJO!! soon, or when Shaymin's silhouette appears on CoroCoro in the next weeks. Its rumored appearance in Brawl should mean that Shaymin is indeed going to be in Giratina and the Sky's Bouquet. --Johans 04:50, 14 January 2008 (UTC)
- K, it looks like it's closed already.....Kenji-girl's wins. --Theryguy512 20:41, 14 January 2008 (UTC)
Shaymin is finally revealed!
If somebody can obtain a good quality art of this to put on the page, that would be great. I'd just use the grab from this picture but it would be replaced by the new one.
- Hmm... I think it'd be best for someone to Photoshop out the Shaymin (good, I mean. Like, antialiased edges, transparent, etc...) and upload it to BG. (Shouldn't this be announced on Bulbanews, as well? There's a thread on the forums about this already, so yeah.) Tina☆♫ 23:09, 13 February 2008 (UTC)
- That'll do. Upload it to the Archives.. Tina☆♫ 00:19, 14 February 2008 (UTC)
- Blastit, after all my cropping... why did Archives have to crap out on me. ~Toastypk - Loom. 01:20, 14 February 2008 (UTC)
- Oh, that one's a lot better. Upload it!!! --Theryguy512 01:49, 14 February 2008 (UTC)
- I vote for that one02:04, 14 February 2008 (UTC)
- That wins it... I thinkPokeManiac102 02:05, 14 February 2008 (UTC)
- Okay, I like the final one. Let's use that one. Tina☆♫ 02:57, 14 February 2008 (UTC)
Seems to me this new one has virtually no outlining, looks a little odd. Though mine had a little bit of an outline thing going too. I'll try to re-upload mine as a png and see how it looks. ~Toastypk - Loom. 06:46, 14 February 2008 (UTC)
So is "Shaymin" really the official Japanese name and if so why was this not figured out from the DP games? - Cassius335 09:07, 15 April 2008 (UTC)
- Because that would mean the "n" is silent for whatever reason. I think the "n" alone made people think it was a slight change from the Japanese name. However, CoroCoro uses "Shaymin", so...yeah. Official in Japan too.--Ｌｏｖｅはドコ？ (talk • contribs) 04:00, 16 April 2008 (UTC)
Sky Form Confirmed!
- Confirmed =/= Revealed. Cipher 12:22, 22 May 2008 (UTC)
Now that it is confirmed (and revealed) put it like giratina's evolution:
Leave 'em as "Form" unless the "Forme" spelling is confirmed on those two. - Cassius335 10:55, 23 May 2008 (UTC)