The Pokémon: Symphonic Evolutions concert tour is coming to Washington, D.C. on August 15th and Philadelphia on September 19th. Seats are limited, so be sure to book your tickets quick!
Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire have been announced!
Check and Bulbanews for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the or in our IRC channel.
- no it's nothing like smugleaf Ataro 17:21, 30 October 2010 (UTC)
Could Zuruzukin also be a skin pun? Its "zukin" is made of skin! /Lame joke PLA 10:53, 9 January 2011 (UTC)
- I don't see how it would be. Unless you mean throwing up or something, but even then it's not. --SnorlaxMonster 13:10, 24 February 2011 (UTC)
I see your point ,but unfortunatly no one on the pokemon team has declared it as that kind of reference. without credible sources saying that that is what you see. does not mean its fact though. for instance, even though i personally believe that part of zoroark came from the philosopher Zoroaster who tuaght about battles between good and evil how they are fought every day. unfortunatly(this is where i can relate) I don't have any proof of that reference. so all i can say is i hope you find the source you need to prove this:)T3thegreat 23:32, 18 April 2011 (UTC)
acid from mouth
pokedex entry says that it can spit acid from its mouth yet the only similar move would be sludge bomb= unable to learn acid :/ although sludge bomb is a mouth attack, poison jab is.. a jab and toxic is unspecific shouldn't something be mention about the fact that he cannot learn acid despite the pokedex entry and if so I would like to make the changeT3thegreat 01:48, 12 April 2011 (UTC)
- May I point out that just because a Pokemon can do a certain thing does not mean it's an actual move Ataro 01:50, 12 April 2011 (UTC)
but acid is a move and mentioned in the pokedex this has been evident with other pokemon of similar standings/ via emboar fire punch yet it was mentioned. it should be consistent with the rest of the pokemon in this situation. and the pokedex entry says "Each can spit acidic liquid from its mouth." sounds like a move to me because it is spitting acid being based on a frilled lizard it uses such acid to defend itself that is why it should be mentioned because of the fact it is mentioning the acidic liquid as a tool for that pokemon's disposal just like any other move. it is not like the pikachu question just beuase pikachu can bite it is unable to learn such because being able to bite can be used by anything with a mouth vs. being able to spit acid is more unique to certain pokemon. this is just a basis on a pokemon entry due to what it says it is capable of. and consistency is important among all entries T3thegreat 02:00, 12 April 2011 (UTC)
- First of all, there's no evidence that Scrafty's actually based on a frilled lizard. Second, frilled lizards don't use acid for defense; that's just from Jurassic Park.
Should this be added to the trivia?
- Although Scrafty's Black Pokedex entry states it can shoot an acidic liquid from it's mouth, it cannot learn acid by any means.
- However it can learn Toxic by TM (a move any Pokemon that can learn as long as if it can learn TM moves) and Sludge Bomb by TM.
Zarthga 15:27, 17 April 2011 (UTC)
- Definitely not. The banner at the top of the site specifically says no trivia, and that wouldn't be that good of a trivia item even if it were allowed. --AndyPKMN (talk) 15:45, 17 April 2011 (UTC)
I didn't even mean to put it in the trivia now, i was just asking if it would be good for later. Take that stick out of your @$$. Zarthga 15:50, 17 April 2011 (UTC)
- Likewise. I was just answering your question as honestly as I could. "Acidic liquid" doesn't necessarily mean the move Acid; it could mean other moves like Gastro Acid or Acid Spray. Plus, your Toxic and Sludge Bomb note practically invalidates the trivia on its own. There's no need to snap at me just because you don't like the answer I gave. --AndyPKMN (talk) 16:27, 17 April 2011 (UTC)
uhm hey i mentioned this above:/ and i already posted why it is important trivia whether we can add right now or not. bulbapedia has plenty of pokemon that do mention the fact when pokemon's pokedex entries say they can use something but cannot learn the move. like emboar fires punch shiftry and mind reader roserade with power whip/ vine whip and plenty more. having personal opinions about what is "worthy" for trivia is not what defines bulbapedia. it is the facts that make the cut. I mentioned this above and I will say this again. bulbapedia needs that consistency among ALL pokemon. say.ing that one pokemon is worthy of this kind of trivia and not the other is not consistent or fact please notice all other post in discussionbefore you post :/ further more I want to mention that he cant learn any of the acid moves not just acid but also gastro acid and acid spray he is unable to learn. that is worthy of being mentioned.T3thegreat 14:03, 18 April 2011 (UTC)
- It learns Sludge Bomb, and that's definitely enough.----無限の知性 ◎ ＤＥＮＮＯＵ◆ＺＥＮＳＨＩ 14:18, 18 April 2011 (UTC)
sludge bomb is not an acid move though. although used from its mouth( a rare trait) it is not used as an acid but as a bomb. in the series sludge bomb is used from the mouth likewise the acid moves (other than acid armor). the difference is the pokedex says acidic liquid" the "acidic" the part that separates it from just sludge bomb use. the problem why you guys are not understanding is because your are not really reading what we have to say. we, as humans, tend to hear the first part of something and immediately jump on it without hearing the rest of the facts.(basic psychology) both of us not only share the same idea but we also saw both sides of the story. the difference is I know how to use the other side to prove a point. so it is not enough to say it is not worthy because sludge is a different move relation than acid and etc. it is not enough to say that it is not valid when there are points that prove that it is. this argument is not one sided it takes two to tango, but being able to know the other persons opinion and find there facts. it is worthy not because I say its worthy ,but because all other pokemon in this situation proved this to be worthy. the pokedex and similar situations are enough to prove a point on their own. the unproven relation between the acid moves and sludge bomb is not enough to prove this wrong. but, we can agree to disagree and say this. " Although scrafty's pokedex entry says that it can spit acidic liquid from its mouth it is unable to learn any acid related moves, although able to learn sludge bomb via TM." is that enough to say, because I believe just making one good point is not enough to win a debate. T3thegreat 14:52, 18 April 2011 (UTC)
- Hey, I'm sorry I snapped at you, I was tired and a little grumpy, so I appoligize. Zarthga 06:30, 15 May 2011 (UTC)
Will it be worth noting in the trivia section that F-00 from the Pokemon Studios movies in B2W2 moves in a similar matter to Scrafty as far as battle sprite goes? Frozen Fennec 16:37, 10 August 2012 (UTC)