Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are coming this November! Check and Bulbanews for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the or in our IRC channel.
Pokémon Diamond & Pearl Saving Failsafe
Though I have only witnessed this once, it appears that the games Pokémon Diamond and Pearl have a failsafe in the event that anything happens in the middle of saving (e.g. Power Cut, cartridge removed, random crash, etc).
When this happens and the game is restart, a system message informs the player that the intended save file is corrupted, and would use the previous save file instead. As a result, important game data would not be lost so easily.
If this is truly the case, I hope it puts some minds at ease. --HechEff 13:24, 24 January 2009 (UTC)
- Yes, Pokemon Diamond and Pearl has a backup memory. So whenever your save file becomes corrupt the game will back it up. This however will make it hard to glitch the game and use like the cloning glitch.--Clarky13 19:12, 24 January 2009 (UTC)
My Gold Version can't save because the battery is dead. Where can I get a new battery? I've called Nintendo and they don't have any batteries because the game was made in 2000. Where do they sell cartridge batteries? I want to save again.--SeanWheeler 02:05, 15 April 2010 (UTC)
- They use the same batteries as watches do, so anywhere that sells watch batteries (jewelry stores, maybe?) should do. This thread has more info on replacing your GS battery and what battery it uses. ▫▪Ťïňắ ♫♥ 02:14, 15 April 2010 (UTC)
It's been a while since I played XD, so I'm not 100% sure if it's the same as Colosseum, but I know that the only place to save in Colosseum is at a PC. Should this be added to the Generation III section since these are considered main series games? Phantom♫Junkie 15:25, 20 August 2010 (UTC)
- In XD you can save anywhere. Turtwig's A-B-Cs (talk | contribs) 15:35, 20 August 2010 (UTC)
I'm not entirely sure but I think you can't turn off a generation V game while saving. Unless of course the battery dies or is removed, or if the game card is removed. Hyper Shadow 17:50, 2 June 2011 (UTC)
Deletion Instructions in Platinum
The instructions for how to delete a saved game—"Press Up + SELECT + B Button on the title screen if you want to erase the current saved game file." follow after both messages in Pokémon Diamond and Pearl, but not in Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver.
^ It mentions Diamond, Pearl, HeartGold and SoulSilver, but not Platinum. Does it give the instructions or not? (I'd assume so, but either way, it should be in the article.)RiverShock (talk) 07:18, 18 November 2012 (UTC)
- Kangaskhan Rock redirects there. The rock is basically a dungeon savepoint that sometimes also has Kangaskhan Storage functions. Marked +-+-+ (talk) 16:35, 11 April 2013 (UTC)
HGSS "saving a lot of data"
I found this on the Internet.
- "HeartGold and SoulSilver seem to have cut the save and load times rather nicely. As in, "Saving a lot of data" appears only when save data is corrupted and you are saving again with a backup save file, or after a GTS trade."