The Pokémon: Symphonic Evolutions concert tour is coming to Washington, D.C. on August 15th and August 16th and Philadelphia on September 19th. Seats are limited, so be sure to book your tickets quick!
Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire have been announced!
Check and Bulbanews for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the or in our IRC channel.
Talk:Same-type attack bonus
Problem with article
"commonly abbreviated as STAB, is a 50% boost to an attack's power when the attack's type is the same as one of the types of the Pokémon using the attack" but in the Damage modification article, it says stab does 150% damage. Which is which? Please fix. Penubag 04:23, 18 September 2008 (UTC)
- "...is a 50% boost to an attack's..". Meaning, it adds that much more to the original amount of damage, or 100%. 100% + 50% = 150%, so it's correct. - s.Combusken 04:29, 18 September 2008 (UTC)
I want to see some data-hacking reason why this happens. ;) Jazzmoth 15:53, 2 January 2009 (UTC)
- Because the game designers thought it would be a good idea. Mastergiygas11 19:21, 18 December 2011 (UTC)
What About Porygon?
What would happen if porygon used conversion 2 and changed into the flying type, then used aerial ace? Would porygon get STAB?
- Yes. It would, since it is a flying type (in this case a pure flying type). Werdnae (talk) 04:16, 9 March 2010 (UTC)
I'm curious. Imagine a water-type pokémon uses a water move and therefore gains STAB, but said pokémon is also holding the item "Mystic Water." How would the STAB and Mystic Water power boosts stack? EricTheWaiter 19:48, 21 November 2010 (UTC)
- Yes. Order doesn't matter since they are both multipliers. Werdnae (talk) 19:57, 21 November 2010 (UTC)
- It was found that it had no STAB due to that Normal actually being the glitch type. Even if they were Normal/Normal (which apparently all mono-type Pokémon are internally), then they would only get a single STAB. See http://profglitch.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=gcltempboard&thread=369&page=1#4631. --SnorlaxMonster 08:13, 25 July 2011 (UTC)
Explosion Get STAB From Lickilicky?
This article says that Normal type Pokémon do not receive STAB from Normal type attacks. But the page on Lickilicky says explosion receives STAB when used by Lickilicky (Which is a Normal type attack). So why does this page say Normal type Pokémon don't receive STAB with Normal type attacks? ----Ethan (Talk) 04:40, 15 December 2013 (UTC)
- The page says that Normal-types do receive STAB from Normal attacks, and that Normal-types can't get STAB on Hidden Power because Normal-type Hidden Power is unobtainable. You may have misread part of the article.--Cold (talk) 04:48, 15 December 2013 (UTC)
- Oh, now I see. They said contrary to Nintendo's official guides. Thus it would receive STAB. Sorry about that.
Do the moves boosted by these Abilities also receive STAB, if applicable? The Pixilate article says yes, but others say nothing. Furthermore, according to the tests of someone on Talk:Refrigerate (Ability), Refrigerate does not stack with STAB. The Aerilate Talk page is completely unsure of whether STAB applies. If both Aerilate and Refrigerate are like Pixilate, then "plus any other modifiers" should be added for clarity. If not (which would make no sense), each article needs to say so. --TheVeryBest 22:01, 21 March 2014 (UTC)