The Pokémon: Symphonic Evolutions concert tour is coming to Philadelphia on September 19th. Seats are limited, so be sure to book your tickets quick!
Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are coming this November! Check and Bulbanews for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the or in our IRC channel.
For the Ribbon Syndacate.
There's the Massage People there, right? Well, they say different things when you massage your Pokémon. I get either dissolved diamonds in oils, or foam containing pearl extract. Does this affect happiness? Tina☆♥♫ 00:56, 21 November 2007 (UTC)
I don't know but it could be a reference to which game you are playing--kittenchild and her discoveryA.K.A. ねこさん 01:10, 21 November 2007 (UTC)
Hey how many Ribbons you need to get in Ribbon Syndacate and do any ribbons count or have they gotta be from Contests(Wich I suck at) PhantomCX 14:35, 14 May 2008 (UTC)
- 10 and all ribbons count. (MathijsP 15:02, 14 May 2008 (UTC))
- Thanks PhantomCX 15:13, 14 May 2008 (UTC)
Hello, I think the items list for this area is wrong. I'm playing Platinum, and you can't find a Nugget that's "[o]n the southeast corner of the tree in the pond." Pretty sure that's only Diamond and Pearl. I don't have access to Diamond or Pearl so I can't confirm the other nuggets either. Just letting y'all know. Schmerpin 21:26, 25 February 2012 (UTC)
The picture that is up doesn't look anything like the resort area. O_o This is what is up (when I posted this comment): Here (btw, that actually isn't an external link) Sivart345 (user · talk · contrib) 16:36, 23 January 2009 (UTC)
- Or is that what it looks like in Platinum? Sivart345 (user · talk · contrib) 17:49, 23 January 2009 (UTC)
- Yep, that's the Platinum one. I think it's the rule to use the most recent version, but if you find a picture from DP I see no reason why it can't be included. We have GenI/II/III pictures for Kanto, right? So find the picture and we can put it in somewhere. — THE TROM — 04:19, 24 January 2009 (UTC)
Previous owner of the villa
The boy who gives you the villa says that it was owned by someone who gathered up rare stones in Sinnoh and left for Hoenn. I thought it sounded like Steven Stone and was wondering if it should be added to the articleDarkmaster0 18:07, 27 March 2009 (UTC)
You might be able to state it under trivia ImperialCharizard 00:54, 10 February 2011 (UTC)
- No. No speculation allowed, not even under the trivia. Sorry. And don't reply to a comment that's almost a year old... --Han Ji-Wan 01:00, 10 February 2011 (UTC)
You're right. I misunderstood the style primer bias section. Aand I guess it is kinda foolish to reply to 23 month old comment ImperialCharizard 22:52, 10 February 2011 (UTC)
...WHAT? That's not just mere fan speculation; the game heavily IMPLIED that the villa's original owner was either Steven or Mr. Stones with that description. Maybe it wasn't outright stated, but it's still implied enough to at least be mentioned in the article. I mean, come on, common sense should tell you that the line was a reference to Steven or his father. Why else would Game Freak include a line randomly mentioning that a guy from Hoenn likes to collect stones? Moreover, there are plenty of Bulbapedia articles that mention implied but not 100% confirmed facts (without presenting them as irrefutable facts). Take for example Silver's article, which mentioned before HG/SS came out that FR/LG hinted at Silver being Giovanni's son. Or the Villa article, which states that the game hinted at Steven being its former owner (GASP!). - Ericss 07:57, 16 January 2012 (UTC)
Since Magikarp is the only pokemon here in platinum, should we note that the chance of getting it shiny increase?--Kasei 13:12, 28 August 2009 (UTC)
- The chance of getting a Shiny Pokémon does not increase, just that if you should see a shiny Pokémon, it will always be Magikarp.-- 13:19, 28 August 2009 (UTC)
Ruler of the Area/Ace Trainer by Pokécenter
What does the swimmer in the pool mean when he speaks of "the ruler of the area?" From what I gather it's that Magikarp can be caught at any level from 1-100. Am I right?
Secondly, in Platinum that Ace Trainer who comments on the lack of Pokémartiness is absent.
Agent1022 12:40, 6 March 2010 (UTC)
- 1: Yes
- 2: It is there, but on a certain day. SpecialK Leiks Lucario and the Celebi Glitch 13:03, 6 March 2010 (UTC)
Assuming you do capture the "monster" and find a level 100 Magikarp in the wild, does that mean it can't evolve because it cannot level up anymore and therefore will not be prompted to evolve? Also, if you bring him a Magikarp that is level 100 but was not caught in the Resort area, will he still acknowledge it as such? Frenchhorn 20:23, 20 November 2011 (UTC)