YES, Generation VI is confirmed. PLEASE DO NOT ADD SPECULATION TO PAGES. As soon as information is confirmed by a reliable source, it will be added.
Please remember to follow the manual of style and code of conduct at all times. Check and Bulbanews for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the or irc channel #bulbapedia.
Can someone do me a favor?
- It's fine the way it is. The map of Kanto should be from the generation it debuted in or in the other words, its debut generation remake. Dialgafan1 22:52, 13 May 2010 (UTC)
Although Isshu still is made of four parts, there isn't a long o sound anymore. Aura-Knight 12:30, 13 May 2010 (UTC)
The article claims that there aren't any humans living in the region where the Mystery Dungeon games take place, but we know of at least one in the (averted) future: The player. It should at least be mentioned that humans are not unheard of in the MD region(s), (otherwise the characters would be wondering what the Rattata a 'human' is). --エルレイド 10:23, 3 July 2010 (UTC)
The long O sound
Orre is listed under "Main Series". Shouldn't it be under "sidegames"? I don't know how to edit that box, so zoom zoom ZOOM!Tokeupdude 18:36, 5 February 2011 (UTC)
- Orre is considered a main series region due to the fact that Colosseum and XD are both RPG games and have almost exactly the same gameplay as Ruby/Sapphire etc., unlike Fiore, Mystery Dungeon world, etc. XVuvuzela2010X 19:51, 5 February 2011 (UTC)
- Gameplay should not alone, determine whether a region is part of the main series or not. Orre does not have gym leaders, a league (yes, Johto lacks one, but it at least shares with Kanto's), connecting routes... I don't understand it. --Han Ji-Wan 00:37, 6 February 2011 (UTC)
- If it is a "main series" game then why did my description get entirely deleted when I put the description for Orre in the main series section? The mod who undid my post said it was a side game, so I had to re-type that whole description in the side games section, thats why I ask. Tokeupdude 06:45, 7 February 2011 (UTC)
- Then you should've asked the person of a higher authority why he/she did that.. Don't be afraid to let them know, and be sure to be nice and calm. --Han Ji-Wan 18:20, 7 February 2011 (UTC)
- Eh screw it lol. Tokeupdude 21:30, 8 February 2011 (UTC)
I don't think Orre should be listed under main series regions. Yes, Pokemon Colosseum and Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness are RPG's similar to the main series games, but it lacks everything else the main series has. Orre should be under side-series regions. Also, Pokemon Coloseum and Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness are side-series games. ZMT123 01:56, 10 December 2011 (UTC)
- Orre is the setting of Pokémon Colosseum and Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness, which (after many long community discussions) are both classed as main series titles. Fiore is the setting of the side series title, Pokémon Ranger. - Kogoro - Talk to me - 01:13, 10 December 2011 (UTC)
My mistake. I meant to say Pokémon Colosseum and Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness. I fixed it. Anyway, than how come in the regions template, Orre is under side-series regions? Also, they are side-series games, not main-series. ZMT123 01:56, 10 December 2011 (UTC)
Will Decolora count as a new region ala Orange Islands? The first episode of Season Two Da! implies that the islands are not part of Unova, so will Decolora be counted as a new region? Iml908 (talk) 17:26, 7 April 2013 (UTC)
There are some things to the trivia section that need checking:
- The names of the five regions visited in the main series games are all composed of four kana: カントー (Kanto), ジョウト (Johto), ホウエン (Hoenn), シンオウ (Sinnoh), and イッシュ (Unova).; Karosu has only got three of them.
- The last bit of trivia is oddly structured, is it supposed to say "it's"? It could be changed into Each region has the letter 'o' present in their English names (Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh and Unova). - unsigned comment from Ariano (talk • contribs)
- No, it's is short for it is, so its is correct. Of course, that last trivia entry needs updating. The fact is still true, so just add Kalos to it: "Each region has the letter 'o' in each of its English names (Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova and Kalos)." The sentence structure is odd though I'll admit, maybe change it to "Every region has the letter 'o' in its English name (Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova and Kalos)." Digifiend (talk) 01:02, 28 May 2013 (UTC)
The new region is called Karosu. Can someone photoshop the region out of the magazine, heighten its quality, and put it here? You know what, I just reread that, and it sounds complicated. We should still at least add the cropped CoroCoro picture. - unsigned comment from Poko907 (talk • contribs)
- Real life isn't CSI, you can't heighten the quality with a click of a mouse (at least not to the degree we want). I'd say we'll just wait for when better scans are released which should be in shortly --Spriteit (talk) 00:35, 13 May 2013 (UTC)
Four Games in the Case of Unova
In the main paragraph it states each region has at least 3 games when it debuts then goes on to say in parenthesis except Unova which has 4. This is pointless imo and inconsistent, the statement says at least have 3 not all have 3, its inconsistent because Gen 1 had 4 games as well with Red, Green, Blue and Yellow unless were only counting worldwide releases. So either the parenthesized statement should be removed or also include Kanto. Bith (talk) 05:04, 8 June 2013 (UTC)