Please remember to follow the manual of style and code of conduct at all times. Check and Bulbanews for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the or irc channel #bulbapedia.
|Due to special coding in place in the article, the artwork featured on this article will change every year on February 27 and September 30 in celebration of the releases of Red and Green in Japan, and Red and Blue in the United States. This will only affect the artwork shown in the infobox. This changes every year, so when the time comes, to return to the page and change the display.|
The pokédex suggests that it has a nest. However, I have found that it generally lives in burrows or hollowed out logs. I am unclear on the pokédex entry. -Professor DJM
Second or tied at Most Common?
Rattata's entry tells (in trivia) that it's the most common land Pokémon in Gen I and LeafGreen/FireRed, tied with Pidgey - however, Pidgey's trivia mentions that Pidgey is the most common while Rattata is the second most common. Which to believe, the mousey or the tiny bird? Sipulichu 08:49, 28 July 2008 (UTC)
- This is still an inconsistency. Which is it? -- evkl (need to talk?) 06:25, 13 January 2009 (UTC)
I was looking at the entry, and stupid trainers is linked to Ash. Can we get rid of that, because its not like when Prof. Oak wrote the entry, he was referring to Ash. Littlmiget123 01:43, 13 November 2009 (UTC)
- its referring to how in the first episode, the Rattata stole Ash's food. while the Dex entry was not referring to Ash obviously, it does refer to that Ash was (and debatably still is) a stupid trainer. -- MAGNEDETH 01:48, 13 November 2009 (UTC)
Should any of Rattata's anime appearances really count as major? The A.J. one definitely shouldn't. Schreiber 17:59, 26 December 2009 (UTC)
In the trivia it says the following: "Out of all the pure Normal-type Pokémon found in the first route of each region (Rattata, Sentret, Zigzagoon, Bidoof and Minezumi), Rattata has the highest base stat total." However, Minezumi's BST is actually higher by two. --Locrian 10:43, 30 September 2010 (UTC)
- You are welcome to change things like this the next time you see them. —darklordtrom 07:21, 1 October 2010 (UTC)
Rattata has gained infamy among the fanbase due to the Youngster Joey on Route 30, and his phone calls claiming it to be within the top percentage of the species. Is this speculation, or opinion? I personally hate Rattata, and half of it has to do with Youngster Joey's million phone calls about his Rattata. Should this be gotten rid of? Littlmiget123 16:45, 19 December 2010 (UTC)
- "Infamy" is too strong a word IMO, lots of players don't even own HeartGold and SoulSilver. Maybe it should be shortened to just "if the player exchanges phone numbers with Youngster Joey's from Route 30 he may frequently phone the player claiming that his Rattata is within the top percentage of the species". --Chickasaurus 19:19, 19 December 2010 (UTC)
- funny thing, you said it should be shortened, but that actually kinda kept it the same lenght. It made me chuckle. As for the trivia, it's fine as it has been, since Joey made mention of his top percentage rattata even in the original Gold and Silver. So infamy is an accurate word. Also, it became a meme not long ago, so yea, it's infamy is spreading whether people own GSCHGSS or not. In A Manica 06:10, 1 January 2011 (UTC)
In the game sprites, Rattata is shown to have cream colored fur underneath. In the anime however, Rattata is shown to have white fur underneath. Is this worth mentioning?--Chosenwaffle668 20:55, 29 June 2011 (UTC)
- No. This happens all the time. Ataro 20:57, 29 June 2011 (UTC)