Since Base Power = 60 + (20 × (No. of stat increases - No. of stat decreases)), what would happen if the foe had 3 or more stat decreases? The math says the Base Power would be 0, -20, etc, but does the game do something to prevent that, and if not, what does a negative base power do? The Dark Fiddler - You enter a poorly lit room... 14:58, 17 August 2009 (UTC)
- I know this was a while ago but I was wondering the same thing.... Anyway, I had Sableye use it against a Bonsly after Magmortar hit it with four Smokescreens. At level 36 vs Bonsly's 18, Sableye knocked it out with one hit of Punishment. I don't feel like doing further testing at the moment, but we can at least conclude that it doesn't drop below 20. [[Derian]] 12:52, 19 October 2009 (UTC)
So with AncientPower...
- Smogon says that the max BP is 200, and that stat drops (below the original) don't affect the base power. So Punishment used on a foe that has used Swords Dance + Superpower would be 80 Base Power, with the only stat boost being +1 Attack. Blueapple128 17:24, 20 December 2009 (UTC)
- Do Accuracy and Evasion Stats count? It's too bad that the power tops out at 200. If it didn't, the base power could theoretically raise 1020. Can you imagine how crazy that would be?! Prof. Sternberg 16:50, 25 June 2010 (UTC)
- I'm pretty sure it looks at the number of stages increased the stats are, not the method in which they are obtained (since that's not recorded anyway), so yes. --SnorlaxMonster 15:14, 11 February 2013 (UTC)
Punishment does not have a base power of 60, if you see the serebii.net, the base is 1, but it will increase en 20 per stat augmented, with a maximun of 200 - unsigned comment from Killroy (talk • contribs)
- First of all, Serebii.net is not a reliable source, so if you want to claim that there is incorrect information on Bulbapedia, do so after confirming it yourself in-game, and cite your own in-game experiences rather than Serebii.net. Second, Punishment does not have a base power of 1. This is quite easy to confirm for yourself in-game. --Carmen★ (Talk | contribs) 02:35, 4 April 2016 (UTC)