Please remember to follow the manual of style and code of conduct at all times.
Check and Bulbanews for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the or in our IRC channel #bulbagarden on irc.systemnet.info.
Talk:Psycho Shift (move)
If Poison is transferred to a Steel-type, will it work? Sidnoea 21:14, 24 July 2009 (UTC)
It says "transferred". Does this mean that if the opponent already has one, it will not transfer it? Also, if the opponent is immune to it, etc? Will it transfer confusion? Yleron 15:40, 20 August 2010 (UTC)
A related question: Because the description says "transferred", does this mean the user will be healed of their status ailments at the same time? --Stratelier 21:31, 8 February 2011 (UTC)
Which status ailments?
The effect of this move could benefit from some expansion....
- Does it transfer all status conditions (à la Baton Pass) or only non-volatile status?
- Does it heal the user of those conditions?
- Are there circumstances (aside from Protect/Fly/Dig/etc.) where the move will fail?
My own gameplay experience (using a Noctowl with Psycho Shift) suggests:
- The user appears to be healed of whichever status ailments are given to their opponent.
- It doesn't seem able to transfer Confusion (or, possibly, any non-volatile status) to the opponent.
- This could mean Psycho Shift cannot affect opponents already affected by a non-volatile status (Poison, etc).
Can we verify any of these? --Stratelier 06:49, 27 February 2011 (UTC)
will it work if the user is asleep or frozen? --SamuStar 21:26, 9 December 2011 (UTC)