Korean name for Professor Sycamore
His Korean name is 플라타느박사 Peullataneu-baksa.
- 플라타느 is a transliteration of his Japanese name (or the French word), Platane.
- 박사 is just the "Professor" part. -- Nick15 (talk) 19:35, 20 July 2013 (UTC)
Japanese name source
プラターヌ shouldn't it be Platanu instead of Platane?
In French Wikipedia, it also called Platane Platanus
Snstar2006 (talk) 21:15, 22 July 2013 (UTC)
I would like to ask what's the name of derived from?
- It's from the press release, in full at the bottom of the article. And please remember to sign your name with ~~~~ in the future. Luna Tiger * the Arc Toraph 02:40, 31 July 2013 (UTC)
The "In the Anime" picture
What's the deal with that picture? If you click on it, it takes you to a totally different picture, but the version info below it shows the same version as is on this page. PowerPlantRaichu (talk) 05:20, 17 November 2013 (UTC)
- It's part of the usual server glitches in syncing between the Archives (where all image files are stored) and Bulbapedia. It might take a little while, but eventually they'll resync properly. Pumpkinking0192 (talk) 05:22, 17 November 2013 (UTC)
I recently got the new Pokédex book (it was released on feb. 5) and it says that the capture of Mewtwo is not required for the completion of the Kalos Pokédex(s). Mangaman13 (talk) 03:37, 7 February 2014 (UTC)
- Sycamore's attractiveness is an opinion (and a meme). It doesn't belong in the mainspace. Pumpkinking0192 (talk) 17:56, 12 May 2014 (UTC)
I believe we should include within the "In the Manga" setion, that although Professor Sycamore does not appear in Let's Play the Pokémon Card Game XY!, Hiroshi Ulatane, who bears a striking resemblance to the Professor, does. --Dunsparce can learn Double-Edge. |B) DEAL WITH IT. (talk) 22:12, 26 July 2014 (UTC)
So, can I add it or not? WATERWARRIOR67 (talk) 18:20, 27 August 2014 (UTC) Two things. One, is my first bit of trivia notable enough? The second is fan-based, but is it possible that Professor Sycamore could be Ash's father? This isn't my only fan-based theory, but the other one doesn't belong on this page. My reasons behind it are the following. One, hair color. Two, Professor Sycamore wouldn't have registered in a trainer basis, as he is a Professor. Three, he has all three Kanto starters, and four, although Froakie (similar to Ash's Oshawott) caught himself, Professor Sycamore seemed willing to give the Kalos water starter to Ash anyway. ~- unsigned comment from WATERWARRIOR67 (talk • contribs)
- Looking back at the first episode, it wasn't specifically mentioned in the flashback, but maybe it was stated in the Japanese version? I don't know. It seems heavily implied to me, though, given that Alain left on his journey after becoming Professor Sycamore's assistant. AGGRON989 20:41, 15 April 2015 (UTC)