Talk:Professor Oak's lecture
When did Professor Oak's lecture start?-09MurphyM
- DP001PokeManiac102 03:03, 18 February 2008 (UTC)
- How long was it on hiatus? TTEchidna 07:08, 24 May 2008 (UTC)
- Well, we probably shouldn't really begin doing clearout work until we have all of the lectures (at least from the first three generations, as Generation IV is still ongoing). A lot of the pre-Advanced Generation lectures are still missing from the list. --Shiningpikablu252 17:33, 4 November 2008 (UTC)
- I just found the trivia part in EP061:
- "This is the first episode in the Japanese version to feature Oak's Pokémon Lecture, which would last until mid-Advanced Generation series then start again in the early Diamond and Pearl series. "
- Shouldn't we delete the part of EP001 to EP060??? Also I find the old pokemon video in a video site,I will add the content as I have time:)--chungkingpun 9:20, 16 December 2008 (UTC)
DP Name Change
It seems in the DP series, there were two names for the lecture. I don't have all the episodes in Japanese, but from what I've seen, earlier episodes have "Doctor Orchid's Big Pokémon Encyclopedia" (オーキド博士のポケモン大百科), and later episodes have "Doctor Orchid's Big Pokémon Test" (オーキド博士のポケモン大検定). The "Test" ones have Oak ask a question at the end. Does anyone know when they changed, or if they just alternate? --jda95 08:55, 13 February 2011 (UTC)
- It changed at DP098. And just like with the original Kanto lectures, the first Pokémon tested is Magikarp (lol). Bluesun 12:02, 23 April 2011 (UTC)
In the translations, shouldn't the Enlgish name for the Pokemon be used, since it's meant for people who don't know Japanese? An yes, I know you just have to hover to see the English name, and it says the Pokemons name off to the side, but the Japenese name just seems out of place with the rest of the English.--Chris Broach (talk) 01:50, 12 November 2012 (UTC)
Movie Preview Special Volume in Original Series
Would not it be more appropriate to ask this here, but to see some things about the Oak's lecture, this is more to see if that is true or not.
I downloaded the RAW episodes of the original series, but all these videos are not recorded versions of their debut on TV Tokyo (and it is easy to verify, and I do not mean just for EP001-EP115 that have been recorded in its broadcasts on Kids Station, but I say EP116-EP274 episodes, which is easily seen that the videos are not recorded its debut on TV Tokyo, but from another source after its original release). When I reviewed these episodes in RAW I downloaded, did not have the Movie Preview Special Volume in those episodes of the original series, but yet other readings Oak's lecture in the other episodes if they were there.
I am of those who wish to locate a few download RAW episodes of the original series that have been recorded in its TV premiere in Tokyo, especially would like to find the original RAW of EP001-EP037 recorded in 1997 before the EP038 incident, however, these versions appear to be very difficult to find, particularly for those who know absolutely nothing about Japanese. I know that some (though perhaps not here in Bulbapedia) should get their hands on the episodes of the original series recorded its debut on TV Tokyo, however, have not wanted to share these video versions and that is why it is easier to find other versions are not from TV Tokyo. --Toonamimaniacolatino 13:59, 8 February 2013 (UTC)
Errors for fixing
I noticed 2 probable mistakes:
- DP151 - Beldum - The page for this episode says that there was no lecture because it was part of an hour-long special with DP152, but it shows Beldum on here.
- DP181 - Clefairy - This page says that there are no Pokémon senryū instead of blank lines like the others but the page for the episode does not say wether or not they even had a lecture for this episode.
It might be a good idea to split this article into various others while keeping this as the parent article because this list is just going to get longer and the longer it gets, the longer it takes to load. Readers might also be able to comprehend it better if there are separate articles. Raykyogrou0 (Talk) 04:43, 3 December 2013 (UTC)
- Subpages for each series' list, perhaps? Yamiidenryuu (talk) 15:23, 3 December 2013 (UTC)
- You mean like Professor Oak's lecture/Professor Oak's Big Pokémon Encyclopedia?Raykyogrou0 (Talk) 10:31, 4 December 2013 (UTC)