- Sorry, I missed one when I cleaned the page. My bad. — THE TROM — 02:02, 21 April 2009 (UTC)
Would Suzy be classified as a Pokémon groomer?
Suzy may have been described to be a Pokémon breeder in her latest depiction alongside Zane, but, with her article describing her as a 'beautician', would she be classified as a Pokémon groomer? By that matter, how is the term 'Pokémon groomer' defined (to seperate it from other professions that pamper a Pokémon or its appearance specifically)? If Daisy Oak is classified as a Pokémon groomer because she massages Pokémon, Suzy massaged Ash's Pikachu, so by this logic she could be considered a Pokémon groomer. Steph 19:48, 17 February 2010 (UTC)
- I think that we should limit it to the game characters, since the grooming aspect has never appeared in the anime or any other canon excluding games. --Maxim 20:25, 17 February 2010 (UTC)
- Sorry....it seems I did not intially notice that the article was limited to the aspects in the games. Steph 20:35, 17 February 2010 (UTC)
Does trimming Furfrou fall under the same umbrella as other types of Pokémon grooming? It certainly warrants some sort of mention on the article, since it involves grooming the fur, but I haven't found mention of whether or not it affects happiness as well. Mostly, I'm trying to decide whether to work it into the article or to mention it and point to other articles for those seeking more information. --Pie ~♪♫ 21:27, 19 March 2014 (UTC)
- I'd say we have to include it. I think the Furfrou trimmers are explicitly called Groomers, even though what they do is a little different than past Groomers and we have no full confirmation if it increases happiness yet. At least in the anime, they're called Groomers, see "Grooming Furfrou" for reference. ☼ BlazingFist ☼ 22:08, 19 March 2014 (UTC)
The first sentence of this page says "A Pokémon groomer is a person who improves a Pokémon's friendship by grooming them.". Except that hasn't at all been true of the characters this article is meant to refer to since Gen IV, and even then it wasn't even true in D/P/Pt; the Sinnoh, Unova, and Kalos characters all massage Pokemon to increase their happiness. There's just no way to logically lump the massagers under the term "groomer".
This page should be moved to a title that can encompass both massagers and groomers. I've proposed Pokemon "pamperer", but if anyone has a better alternative, I'd be happy to hear it. Tiddlywinks (talk) 20:29, 28 May 2014 (UTC)
I would suggest that a better name would be Pokémon Masseur but still have a section mentioning the furfrou groomer or under "See Also" have a link to the Furfrou groomer page.Zombiedude347 (talk) 21:02, 4 June 2014 (UTC)
- That just has the exact opposite problem as "groomer" in the current title. The GSC, FRLG, and HGSS groomers are not masseurs or massagers; that's not at all what a groomer does. You cannot name the page solely based on either group; it has to be something else (like "pamperers"). Tiddlywinks (talk) 22:33, 4 June 2014 (UTC)