Please remember to follow the manual of style and code of conduct at all times. Check and Bulbanews for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the or irc channel #bulbapedia.
Hmm.. I have been putting Pokemon Trainer, not Pokemon trainer on nearly everything until I actually looked at this page. I'm not really sure why it isn't Trainer. It's not technically a proper noun, but I figure everything in the game that's in all caps (items, pokemon, etc.) should probably be considered proper noun enough to be given a capital letter. *shrugs* Just my input. At any rate, from now on I'll put trainer. --greengiant
- Given that in the new games, they say "Trainer" with a capital T, I think it should probably be changed. TrainerXiam 22:25, 27 April 2007 (UTC)
- *sigh* This news is making the fandom go crazy. I am definately against this disambiguation, especially as the trivia section of the Pokémon Trainer article makes the link with Red a lot clearer. --FabuVinny T-C-S 13:02, 14 August 2007 (UTC)
- I think the idea is that it is a Pokémon Trainer is more important than who it is designed on. --FabuVinny T-C-S 13:04, 14 August 2007 (UTC)
- I really don't see why this disambig is needed. Not to mention this particular user didn't go through and fix all the links to the disambig. Besides, if people get confused, we can just add a note to the top of the page similar to Erika or Forrest. I'm in support of reverting it. --PAK Man Talk 14:12, 14 August 2007 (UTC)
- I agree with Fabu-Vinny on what's important. Who knows if there will be a different "avatar" for the Super Smash Bros. Brawl Pokémon Trainer. I think we need to add an anchor to the SSBB section on the link to the Red article. --Johans 17:39, 12 November 2007 (UTC)
Eye contact rule
Haven't there been numerous instances where this does not occur? Here is a list of times I can find:
- HGSS: Going to the house of the trainer of the opposite gender (the one with Marill) and looking strainght at them
- All: Looking directly at already-beaten trainers
- GenIV: Going to the Union Room and talking to a trainer there; you have the option of battling, but you don't have to
- All(?): Going up to the Gym Leader - the battle takes place if you press A, if they haven't been defeated.
- Battle Tower: Selecting a partner trainer for the Double Battle Tower
...and the list goes on, not just in the games. The Anime doesn't seem to follow this rule at all. However, I don't know how the rule should instead be written. In any case, the trainers who use that rule are partially mistaken. --TruePikachu 02:45, 16 January 2011 (UTC)