Talk:Pokémon Trading Card Game Online
The System is Down
I was going to add some more details about the individual cards but the site is currently down, it may get difficult to get some info on the NPC only cards though... felinoel 08:22, 12 April 2011 (UTC)
I'm going through this article, just to add/modify any information that is currently inaccurate/out of date. Feel free to query any edits, that's how things are improved! :) Conductor Alix 23:14, 6 October 2011 (UTC)
Well, this page is painfully out of date. Some blaringly obvious changes that need to be made are the facts that A) the game is no longer in Beat on the Pokemontcg.com website. I see this and I'm not exactly sure how to address it. B) The achievements appear to be out of date and not in the best of order. I disagree with how they are ordered and and slightly curious as to why we need the list on this page. Maybe create another page (..?) since it is as extensive as it is I think a separate page might be appropriate. C) The coins section needs updated. I know that there are a ton of new coins available- notably the Plasma one with the Plasma P in it as an example. Also I know that there is a project involving the coins in the real game in the TCG section so they might be able to help but I dont have the faintest idea on how to update this section (...) d) I tried updating the Currency section (I used verb tenses from after July 2013) and it would be nice if a more experienced editor came by to check if my edits are appropriate. e) Pokemon decks (...) umm, well this needs worked on. f) the external links section has two links that go to the exact same page and I question whether they are actually all three needed. I mean, the third one alone could be sufficient. But again more experienced editor needed lol. Also I feel that this article could be better organised if some of it were on multiple pages (see above). I'm going to be working on this page in the next few days so feel free to criticize my work. I just want to help make this site as good as possible :P Shambles12 (talk) 09:13, 17 June 2013 (UTC)
Overhaul still needed
Just created an account to say, yeah: this page is still very much out of date. Here are a few examples just from my very limited knowledge.
- The bonus wheel now gives a chance of 1-5 coins, 1 tournament ticket, or 1 bonus box only on a defeat; on a win, the prizes are 3 to 25 coins, tournament ticket, and a couple chances at a prize box. I've also heard the prize box contents change based on whether or not you win or lose (specifically, I heard if you win you can get a 10-card booster, but if you lose you only get 5-card boosters - but that needs confirming).
- The match time data is not necessarily wrong, but I have played matches that lasted over 3 minutes and gotten no prize wheel, and I've played matches that lasted 3 seconds and gotten one, so I don't know what the requirements actually are, but it's not as simple as "the match must last at least 2 minutes."
- The 5-card booster packs imply that a rare is always included (under the trainer tokens heading), but the description says a rare may be included, and the general idea online everywhere else is that it is not a 100% chance. This is the only source I've found that claims a 100% rare chance in a 5-card booster.
- The tournament stuff is out now, so that language could be updated.
- Just wanted to observe that the data on this page was updated substantially over the last quarter of 2014 because I, as a new user, decided to jump in and start updating what at that point had become dated. I figured that the information I found on the page was useful to me as new TCGO user and why not give back a little. Since the game features have advanced significantly over a relatively short period, no doubt others did just the same thing prior to me. Certainly, in the first three months of the year a number of substantive changed were made (Tournaments finally went live, a winner and loser bonus wheel was added, changes to the minimum play requirements match times, etc.). When I tuned out for a few months, two other users immediately jumped in and made updates to account for most of these rapid fire additional/changes. That's the great thing about this wiki! If you see something that is out-of-date, just hit edit and update it. There are plenty of great users/administrators who will help with advice and will gently correct you when you make a mistake or two or three. That's at least been my experience, and I just wanted to send an encouraging shout-out to say, don't be shy about jumping in yourself. --Marlofkark (talk) 11:15, 26 March 2015 (UTC)
- I've been steadily updating and hid retired features, leaving only the individual retired section titles viewable. However, the content on this page is still significant in size, particularly after the addition of Daily Challenge tables. Should this page be split up or kept as one comprehensive page? --Marlofkark (talk) 20:28, 21 May 2015 (UTC)
I've got a Special Challenge called Rough and Tumble. It is a challenge to get 30 knockouts with fighting Pokémon in two days, for two BREAKthrough booster packs and two fighting exp, with a rarity of common. Does anyone else have this challenge, and can anyone remember the names of the Halloween and BREAKthrough release celebratory Special Challenges, to add their data to the page? PartHunter (talk) 12:49, 29 November 2015 (UTC)
We current list the launch date of the beta, but not the official launch. According to the 20th anniversary timeline, it launched officially for PC/Mac in August 2011. Can anyone find any press releases/news articles from the time supporting that? (I haven't actually looked, so I don't know if they're particularly hard to find—it's recent enough that I wouldn't expect it to be.) --SnorlaxMonster 14:07, 14 January 2016 (UTC)