Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire have been announced!
Check and Bulbanews for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the or in our IRC channel.
Talk:Pokémon Super Contest
- Thanks Pie. ^_^
- Question: Does the game refer to this as a 'Pokémon Super Contest' or just 'Super Contest'? --FabuVinny T-C-S 21:04, 1 May 2007 (UTC)
While I was doing a Master ranked contest, I ran into a girl by the name of Casey. She looked like the woman at the counters out front. She used a Chansey by the name of pinky. I was just wondering if she was an important character.
She also looks the same as the nurse at the Pokemon Center, which makes more sense since she uses Chansey. I thin k she should be added to the list. Inker 03:05, 2 October 2007 (UTC)
I think Casey is just nobody just another character like Gabriel or whatever the others are called. I've seen Casey at the same time as Johanna, while I haven't seen Fantina or Jasmine at the same time as each other. Also her rating thing isn't high like the others. If Casey is include so should the others. I think it should be removed.Laxafett 21:43,6 May 2009(UTC)
Is the Master Rank Visual Competition rigged? I have NEVER gotten over four hearts, and I have a considerable amount of appropriate poffins used, and I follow a theme guide I found on GameFAQS. I used to get around 9 on lower levels.Inker 00:27, 2 October 2007 (UTC)
- Yea I know, all have Coolness maxed out, have a red scarf, and have all the right accessories. and only two or so heart will pop up the judging system really stinks for master ranks. What makes it worse is that your competitors have the wrong accessories and they get way more points
- I think that the Master Rank might actually be like that intentionally. Back in Gen III, I had COMPLETELY maxed out whatever condition I was competing in and had the appropriate Scarf equipped, as well as the PERFECT moveset for the contest, yet I never got more than THREE hearts, often not getting any! (it was almost a miracle whenever I won) It's actually EASIER in Gen IV, since you have additional ways to earn the judges' favor, but the competition is still always stacked against you. Diachronos 17:42, 3 December 2008 (UTC)
I actually go opposite on accesories! I kill the competetion on dance and let the others raise Dexters voltage before I max it out but only on the Master Rank! Laxafett 16:44, 26 February 2009 (UTC)
Trivia (for gen 3) accurate?
I had not seen the untranslated (if I am reading this correctly) Poké Ball or contest rankings in the Gen 3 cartridge for Sapphire. Is this in reference to a different specific Gen 3 cart (it appears to refer to non-super contests in Gen 3) or was there a correction issued for the cartridge that addressed this issue? (The cart I own doesn't have any problems with the 100 hour berry issue) Iliekmudkips 01:59, 7 October 2007 (UTC)
- It's only in Gen. 3. But they use the Japanese Poké Ball names--i.e., Super Rank instead of Great Rank.--Ｌｏｖｅはドコ？ (talk • contribs) 03:07, 7 October 2007 (UTC)
Is it worth mentioning that competitors have to wear a suit/dress when entering a Pokemon in a super contest? The games make a point of it, and it's mentioned on the main page's 'Did you know?' (as of 7th May 2008).--Zyphers 05:11, 7 May 2008 (UTC)
- It's mentioned in the Contest Pass article, so I see no reason not to include it here. --Martonimos((Talk)) 05:52, 7 May 2008 (UTC)
- I've added a point to the trivia section. My comments on the anime portrayal are deliberately vague, I haven't seen any episodes past the Orange Islands arc, so if someone wishes to elaborate, then by all means do so.--Zyphers 06:09, 7 May 2008 (UTC)
I don't know what article this belongs in. There was this guy with blue hair (kinda like a rich-boy) standing in front of the lady at the contest hall desk and when I talked to him he gave me a LV60 Poffin that did all 5 stats and had a smoothness of 40 (1 sheen). I think it is because I completed Master Rank on all cats. I have done altogether probs about 10 MR Contests... He wasn't there a few days ago... I'm not sure what triggered it though, I'm sure it has something to do with the MRs. I also just finished making dozens of Poffins with my bro's, could have somthing to do with that... --Sivart345 02:43, 31 January 2009 (UTC)
- You mean the Mild Poffin that Jordan gives you? Check the page I just linked to. He gives you one the first time to talk to him, and then that's it. Nothing special. ~ sol 02:45, 31 January 2009 (UTC)
- Ok then, but he wasn't there till just a lil ago. O_O WAY after I got the Poffin Case... --Sivart345 03:10, 31 January 2009 (UTC)
Gen I Colors
I haven't played the Gen 4 games, but is it a sure thing the pad colors red, blue, green and yellow, are meant to reference the Gen I games? Those four colors together is a very universal pattern, a lot of things use that combination of coloring. Drake Clawfang 19:13, 7 October 2009 (UTC)
Player Character Contest Sprites
Could sprites of the player characters in their contest attire (preferably from front, back, and a side) be added, or, at the least, be pointed out to me where on this site, if at all, the files are? TJF588 07:06, 17 April 2010 (UTC)
- AFAIK we don't currently have those. —darklordtrom 07:30, 17 April 2010 (UTC)
Notable Contestants: Hayley
According to the trivia in My Pokemon Ranch, Hayley appears in the Pokémon Super Contests with her Buneary named Floppy (which apparently can be traded to D/P). Can someone find out what moves they use, etc. and add it? XVuvuzela2010X 23:24, 27 February 2011 (UTC)
I've heard you can only face Fantina, Johanna, and Jasmine after you beat the elite four.I've tested this to find out, and it seems to be correct. I made it to master rank after getting my third gym badge and I haven't seen Fantina, Johanna, or Jasmine. I'll add this to the article. Could someone please verify this. (Toolen 18:02, 20 May 2011 (UTC))
Can anyone confirm this? Please let me know. (Toolen 19:07, 20 May 2011 (UTC))