Please remember to follow the manual of style and code of conduct at all times. Check and Bulbanews for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the or in our IRC channel #bulbagarden on irc.systemnet.info.
Talk:Pokémon Platinum beta
These items were in the Diamond/Pearl games, what proof do we have that these items are still in Platinum? Wouldn't Nintendo have removed them? That just seems to be a Copy-Paste of the Diamond/Pearl Beta page. :/ User:Phocks
- What was confirmed? That these beta items remain in Platinum's programming as well or that it is just a copy-paste of the Diamond and Pearl beta article? Pokemon lover 20:12, 7 December 2008 (UTC)
To let you know
I just put "*There would be a new form of Regigigas possibly called the Regigigas Sky Form." beacause it was a huge rumor on the net. Just look up "Regigigas Sky Form" on google or something. I mean, really! I even thought there would be a Sky Form of Regigigas! So it really shouldn't be deleted. This is BULBAPEDIA. The ultimate source about every Poké stuff and we share our info!-Dragonbeastx 02:25, 15 November 2008 (UTC)
As there seems to be different opinions about having or not having the rumours section on the page, and this has been reverted from both sides several times, I put the protection candidate tag to prevent a possible edit war. UltimateSephiroth (about me · chat · edits) 19:50, 12 December 2008 (UTC)
I can understand why they're there for regular shaymin,giratina and origin forme, but why is shaymin sky forme on there, it looks pretty bad as a sprite and it looks just no different than if anyone messed up the sky forme sprite in platinum. SLE_aman 19:32, 11 February 2009 (UTC)
Japanese version is beta version?
Prototype Collector overworld sprite?
I have discovered (not sure if anyone else has before me) that there appears to be a prototype overworld sprite of the "fat guy" (rendered in battles as a Collector) as he appears in the Sinnoh-based games. Here are the sprites, for comparison with an ordinary Collector's overworld sprite:
For clarification, the final sprite used in the games is the one nearer to the northwest corner of each image. Does the presence of such a prototype sprite (if my assumptions are correct) qualify it for inclusion in this page? If it does, I could rip the sprites myself for upload to Bulbagarden Archives.
Since I came across it while in Platinum and not in Diamond or Pearl (where I believe it could be present due to the Collector overworld sprite being the same in all three Sinnoh-based main series games), I'm posting this here instead of over at the DP beta page.
Garchomp beta sprite
- You should probably add it to the article then, and stop using that horrific word. --The Truth aka Relicant 06:14, 28 September 2013 (UTC)
- Your screenshot is horrible in terms of quality. Here's a better one, taken from the source that I have added to the article. I'd also appreciate that one of the mods or admins replaced the current file with mine, also moving it to the correct filename (which does not have the misused "beta" moniker). SatoMew 22:18, 2 November 2013 (UTC)
It's been suggested that the article be moved to "Development of Pokémon Platinum," by Relicant, I believe. Personally, I oppose this change. The page isn't really about the game's development, it's more about various pre-release versions of it, which are typically called "beta[s]." This title is clearer and more accurate. I say don't change. --Wynd Fox 04:58, 30 October 2013 (UTC)
- Oh boy. I could get into an argument with you all day over why Beta is actually incorrect in the context you just used it in. Please refer to here. --The Truth aka Relicant 05:04, 30 October 2013 (UTC)
- Technically, it's not that incorrect, as, in beta stages of video game testing, sprites get changed and bits get edited and removed, and that's what these articles are about. Like I said though, it would be best to bring your propsoal to someone like Umeko. We don't need people getting blocked over edit warring (again...) —★たかはりいtalk 05:13, 30 October 2013 (UTC)
Beta is just one stage though, you have alpha and all that jazz that happen before the beta test even gets underway. As I've already stated, companies do not cut out large chunks of game data before release. Also I think that the wikia should be focusing on things like uploading the art for the Kalos E4 and whatnot before getting into lengthy discussions about whether or not a misused term is misused. --The Truth aka Relicant 05:52, 30 October 2013 (UTC)