Talk:Pokémon Gold and Silver beta
Picture-heavy, no? evkl 23:04, 18 November 2005 (CST)
We have a problem -- this article is almost a direct copy of this page here: Pokémon Gold & Silver - Development Reconstruction
argh. all the pictures are direct copies. Do we have permission?
Well. We can assume that given the kind of reaction I've received from the author of this article, that User:Celebi23 and the author of that page are one and the same... But, seeing as de:Pokémon Gold & Silber (Beta) exists, hmm, it makes matters more confusing. - 振霖T 00:29, 19 November 2005 (CST)
Hi there. I'm xdaniel, the original author of the Pokemon G/S Development Reconstruction article on DigitalZero Domain - my website - which is linked to here. As several parts of this article here were rewritten, i'm not exactly sure if my appearance etc. here is of any importance anymore but i'd still like to express my view on this. The user Celebi23 here and me are definatly not the same person, whoever that was pretty much just copy'n'pasted my article in here without permission. I had no idea about this until I came across this article (and this Wiki in general) via the German PokeWiki. I don't really know much about how Wikis work, but while, as I already stated, parts of the article here were already rewritten, enhanced, etc., i'd still like to ask if someone of you could rewrite it a bit further - things like the structuring by years or the 1997 Pokemon 2 section - and change the link to my article to point to my (German language btw) website with a note about my article (or something similar). I hope you understand my point and opinion. - xdaniel on April 11th, 2006 at ~14:23 (local German time)
- 1 Categorization
- 2 The pics at the bottom...
- 3 Links
- 4 Something i noticed
- 5 New beta map
- 6 Silent Hills
- 7 Preoder issues?
- 8 Missing Daughter and the Glitch City Ghost
- 9 Beta Qwilfish/Chikorita/Marril sprites?
- 10 Pocket Monsters GS Demo Data Link
- 11 More beta material
- 12 Olivine Beta Map???
- 13 More Beta Material again!
- 14 New beta screenshots
- 15 Clearer beta images
- 16 Glitch Dimension
- 17 Beta content
- 18 Probably beta art concept book
I thought I'd catergorize this page, but I'm not sure where to put it. Should it go in Games or Meta? Personally I think Meta but if anyone else has an opinion Ill be glad to hear it
- It would really help if you gave the link. The Dark Fiddler - Nos hablamos? 23:33, 11 January 2009 (UTC)
Something i noticed
Probably not that important, but neat nonetheless. In this picture, behind the gold kanji, the red block looks kinda like an angled number 2. I guess that screen was from before they removed the number from the game's title. Morgil27 04:03, 10 February 2010 (UTC)
- Yea, that's when it was known as Pocket Monsters 2 I believe. I think it is mentioned.--Midnight Blue 04:05, 10 February 2010 (UTC)
New beta map
It's from here (starts at about the 2min mark) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4de7uwhoOyY
- Wow. It's in Polish. --Maxim 14:45, 7 June 2010 (UTC)
Do we have proof that this was the beta name of the starting town? Because this would be interesting trivia to put on New Bark Town's page, especially considering the Silent Hill horror series.--PhantomJunkie 21:52, 5 August 2010 (UTC)
- It wasn't the beta name of New Bark. It was a completely different starting town.--immewnitythemew 15:45, 8 August 2010 (UTC)
This is something that's been bugging me for some time.
I heard there was issues with the first release of games, specifically those sent to people who pre-ordered Pocket Monsters Gold/Silver in Japan; it was a version with the gender option still implemented, but ended up crashing after the gender was chosen. I heard this back on a few websites during the day, and wanted to know the status of this; after all, this is Pokemon, who knows what rumors may've flown about it.
I can say I would trust one of the sites I've heard it from, but it's been so long (10 years!) that I no longer remember it or know if it exists anymore. Lass 01:53, 22 December 2010 (UTC)
Missing Daughter and the Glitch City Ghost
I recently found out about this after finding out about an NPC in the GSC version of Glitch City. She's black and white(almost looking like a ghost) and when she "sees" you the Burned Tower music plays. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFHjaRR6XD0
That sidequest could have been a lot darker than the SS Aqua one. Sukid 02:26, 3 March 2011 (UTC)
Beta Qwilfish/Chikorita/Marril sprites?
According to this, there were beta sprites of those three Pokemon left in the coding of Gold and Silver. Do these actually exist, and if they do can they be added to the article? Yamiidenryuu 03:43, 30 July 2011 (UTC)
Pocket Monsters GS Demo Data Link
I found this link while surfing the internet and I will say it is very informative. I do believe it should be in the Links section, however, I want you guys to look and decide: http://web.me.com/celebi23/Spaceworld_97_Pokemon/Combined_Demo_Info.html
- Yes, I do agree with your opinion that some info should be on this article. If we do this, the part that says you're automatically named "Ash Ketchum" should be made to the name being automatically changed to Satoshi because this was in Japan and the U.S. counterpart to Satoshi is Ash Ketchum. So, really, it was probably automatically named Satoshi. JacobTheDoduo 01:50, 13 April 2012 (UTC)
More beta material
Old Pokemon fansites from the time period have a greater collection of screenshots than is featured here, and more and more are turning up: Much higher resolution of original starting town from Super Game Boy era:  Beta Slowpoke Well entrance from Super Game Boy era:  Pokemon party screen, showing an egg but no genders:  Clefairy Pokedex, with beta numbered footprint:  Beta berry tree design:  (final pic for comparison: ) Beta Poke Mart:  National Park entrance, more simplistic fence sprites and no bin:  Pre-release screenshots of routes and caves etc:    
- The second pic, the one with the Beta Slowpoke Well, gives a 404 error. Could you please re-upload it? Also, do you remember the websites you found those pics on? - Ericss 10:56, 15 March 2012 (UTC)
Olivine Beta Map???
I'm sorry, but this looks kinda fake to me. Despite it being a beta map, the other maps are complete, but this on has a black tile with nothing and a house with random inaccessible headbutt trees on it. It just doesn't look real to me. JacobTheDoduo 03:31, 24 March 2012 (UTC)
- That's because the original tilesets these maps used were removed or damaged beyond repair, so the maps are essentially being shown with the final version's tilesets. Hence why many elements do not show up correctly. --Dorsal Axe 17:49, 18 May 2012 (UTC)
- Alright, thanks. JacobTheDoduo 06:46, 31 May 2012 (UTC)
More Beta Material again!
Someone at Bulbapedia pages has found another beta material again:
http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f226/beta-pok%C3%A9mon-sprite-into-pok%C3%A9mon-g-s-c-beta-casino-136155/#post4190263 <--- Pokémon Gold and Silver Beta Casinò
http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f226/new-important-information-found-about-pok%C3%A9mon-gold-silver-2-alpha-135833/ <--- Two new map about Pokémon Gold and Silver Alpha
New beta screenshots
This apparent beta casino and these two other shots were just added to the page. They should be added to the gallery with the other beta screenshots if they're worth keeping. I'd do it myself, but apparently I can't upload pictures. Yamiidenryuu (talk) 14:19, 12 November 2012 (UTC)
- ... Wait, I just noticed the above post. Disregard this, I guess. Yamiidenryuu (talk) 14:24, 12 November 2012 (UTC)
Clearer beta images
If you look at the Glitch dimension page, you see this during the glitch:
I found some screenshots on IGN and on Unseen64 that might be useful to show more beta content on the page's screenshots section. Some pictures are large.
- We can't steal content from other websites. Pumpkinking0192 (talk) 18:37, 16 November 2013 (UTC)
- At least get them from the actual source, which is the Japanese Nintendo page for Gold and Silver. SatoMew 23:07, 3 January 2015 (UTC)
Probably beta art concept book
Hi Guys, today searching on ebay i found an art book of pocket monsters 2. Take a look. I think that the art book could be a great discovery for details of beta concepts.  - unsigned comment from Xtr3m one (talk • contribs)