The Pokémon: Symphonic Evolutions concert tour is coming to Philadelphia on September 19th. We have two sets of concert double-passes to give away to lucky Bulbanews readers!
Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are coming this November! Check and Bulbanews for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the or in our IRC channel.
Talk:Pokémon Diamond & Pearl: Battle Dimension
- 1 Confirmation
- 2 Notability
- 3 "Fresh Brewed"
- 4 DP or Diamond & Pearl?
- 5 Pattern
- 6 May
- 7 Question
- 8 Rumors
- 9 England
- 10 New Seasons
- 11 Protect this page
- 12 Aired first in England
- 13 That wonderful ampersand
- 14 Move to "Pokémon: DP Battle Dimension"
When did CN confirm the season title?--Kuki 14:53, 6 April 2008 (UTC)
- And where on the website does it say that; if you can give us a link, we will believe you. MoldyOrange 15:09, 6 April 2008 (UTC)
Go to Cartoon Network's website, click the schedule and go to April 12th. It should be listed right there at 9:30am EST Trainer-c 15:20, 6 April 2008 (UTC)
I'm pretty sure Pachirisu being caught in a Hippowdon's mouth isn't an "important event". I also question the significance of Paul's captures - especially Magmar. --FabuVinny |Talk Page| 21:10, 6 April 2008 (UTC)
Agreed. The capture of Pauls ursaring wasn't important enough to go under the diamond and pearl series, so why are the captures of gliscor and magmar so important? TheAlmightyChris 17:46, 8 April 2008 (UTC)
There is an episode titled "Fresh Brewed" that will air on April 11. Does anyone know any episode named like that? - Taylor 21:15, 6 April 2008 (UTC)
- Actually, that's one of Cartoon Network's shorts that sometimes air on a side of an episode. If there's two names listed on sides of a slash and one doesn't match a title of a known Pokémon episodes, you can probably figure out which one's the CN short and which is the Pokémon episode. --Shiningpikablu252 21:40, 6 April 2008 (UTC)
DP or Diamond & Pearl?
Last one had "Diamond and Pearl" right in the title, all this has is DP...
The official title according to PUSA is "Diamond and Pearl: Battle Dimension". The logo just has DP so the Logo is extremely big.
--HoennMaster 23:35 April 8, 2008 (CST)
- So it's Pokémon: Diamond & Pearl: Battle Dimension? TTEchidna 04:38, 9 April 2008 (UTC)
- The name of the article is wrong. According to Pokemon USA (check their official site), the official name is Pokémon DP: Battle Dimension. TJ Spyke 22:10, 17 May 2010 (UTC)
Is it just me or is every episode title this season going 2 end with an exclamation point?--Kuki (w/ a Broken Diamond) 23:39, 13 April 2008 (UTC)
- They are. It's kinda stupid too.
- Elaine Benes from Seinfeld: "Shouldn't we get rid of the exclamation point at the end? It's 'top of the muffin to you'. Not 'top of the muffin, TO YOU!'."
- So anyway yeah I don't see why they just name them without an exclamation point. Porygon-Z 01:00, 14 April 2008 (UTC)
Will the additions to May's team be noted on this page?
--HoennMaster 8:20 PM April 19, 2008 (CST)
I read online that a magazine(which don't believe cause of errors) that Ash wins his 5th badge,Dawn gets a Swinub,and on the last episode on the way to Celestic Town Ash will battle Aaron of the E.4 and the season ends.(THIS NOT CONFIRMED CAUSE THE ARTICLE HAS ERRORS like the 5th badge was called the Lava Badge,there's something about a guy named Mr.Backlot,and there are challengers besides Ash in the Pastora Gym)...--CoolPikachu! 05:53, 29 May 2008 (UTC)
This debuted in the UK this morning on Jetix and 4 eps aireed.--Davidaipom 12:58, 6 September 2008 (UTC)
I heard some where on MSN that the Pokémon anime series was heading into a new series this Spring 2009 called Pokémon Diamond,Pearl and Platinum. Is that true. The USA orders 52 episodes into each season so it would make since if the current season ends with DP104 and the new season starts with DP105 right?Giratina97 07:22, 15 April 2009 (UTC)
- In reply to your and my previous comment, yes there is going to be a 12th season and yes it starts on DP105. Proof: Well someone decided to start the 12th season at DP105 on the episode list page. Also on the pokemon website, click the Jumping Rocket Ship in the news at right there in the description it says it's the second last episode of Battle Dimension.--Vhayes1992 01:19, 25 April 2009 (UTC)
- If season 11 were to end with DP104, it would be a pretty puny season. We don't even know where season 10 ended and season 11 began due to a straight run of new episodes spanning both season 10's end and season 11's start (the boundary is 99.999% likely somewhere between DP069 and DP080; I'm wagering either DP070, DP075 not counting the two Ranger episodes, or DP080) and nobody indicating the season boundary explicitly (and no, I don't buy this whole "arc = season" bull**** some sources are trying to spew--the start of a new arc and the start of a new season can, and often are, different episodes). If season 10 were to end at DP068 and season 11 were to end at DP104, that would leave season 10 with 44 episodes and season 11 with just 36, both all-time season lows for episode count (less than season 4's 47). On the flip side, if season 10 were to end at DP079 and season 11 were to end at DP104, that would give season 10 a more respectable 55 episodes (tied with season 1, and exceeded by season 5's 58 and season 9's 70) but season 11 would have just 25, by far an all-time season low.
- Season 12 isn't due until this fall (like all the other seasons), and if it does begin with DP105, it'll be announced for airing sometime in August at the earliest. DP104 may very well be the last episode of the Diamond & Pearl: Battle Dimension arc, but odds are season 11's far from over...
- At least the boundary between the end of season 9 and start of season 10 is much more clear...--Shiningpikablu252 03:08, 26 April 2009 (UTC)
What are you talking about, those aren't the beginning or end of any seasons. Season 9 ends with AG192, Season 10 ends with DP052, and Season 11 ends with DP104, giving it 52 episodes. Seasons don't always start in the fall, heck they haven't since September 2006. The true seasons go by production, not airing or shows subtitles like Battle Frontier or Diamond and Pearl, etc.. Check out Pokemon.com for the true seasons. --HoennMaster 03:30, 26 April 2009 (UTC)
- 51 episodes.. 53-104. ◄Kevzo8► 03:39, 26 April 2009 (UTC)
- Hey, nonetheless, ALL WE KNOW IS THAT IT IS ENDING.We don't know anything else in terms of the US dub. We don't know if season 12 is actually starting up right away or anything.----Vhayes1992 19:05, 26 April 2009 (UTC)
Protect this page
- They're not rumors, it ends with DP104. --HoennMaster 02:54, 26 April 2009 (UTC)
Aired first in England
DP102 and DP103 aired first in the UK before USA. Maybe because Pokemon UK merged with Pokemon USA. Just before the merger, they decided to release the dubbed episodes they had saved up for the future. Any better ideas on why this might of happened? (THIS IS NOT FACT, just theory)--Vhayes1992 17:10, 19 April 2009 (UTC)
That wonderful ampersand
Yeah, thanks, TPC. Thanks for making it ridiculous with your game-themed names. Diamond and Pearl, Diamond & Pearl, Diamond & Pearl, Diamond and Pearl, augh, it's fifty different things with the same damned name.
Anyway, here and now we're gonna put this to rest. With Galactic Battle following Battle Dimension, one must ask oneself, what the hell are we deciding on? Is it "Pokémon: Diamond and Pearl Battle Dimension"? Is it "Pokémon Diamond and Pearl: Battle Dimension"? Is it "Pokémon: Diamond & Pearl Battle Dimension"? Is it "Pokémon Diamond & Pearl: Battle Dimension"? Heck, why are we going by that? Why not go by the logo, which clearly names it as Pokémon DP: Battle Dimension. If anything, that fits more with the previous seasons, all of which are "Pokémon: SOMETHING". Indigo League, Adventures in the Orange Islands, The Johto Journeys, Johto League Champions, Master Quest, Advanced, Advanced Challenge, Advanced Battle, Battle Frontier, and even Diamond and Pearl. Sure, you could argue that just as TJJ and JLC shared "Johto" and everything up tp BF shared "Advanced", they're just doing the same with "Diamond and Pearl", but then why have it as "DP" in the title? Hell, Cartoon Network even calls the new season Pokémon: DP Galactic Battle. So I'm saying that before anyone decides that "because 'and' was in season 10, it should be in everything", look at what the heck is used. The TCG's first DP-era set definitely has an ampersand, as everything since EX Ruby & Sapphire has, as does the anime series this thing's part of. This is why it's such a pain.
Because first and foremost, we strive for consistency. It's why we make templates. So as to be consistent. It's why we use the link templates! We want consistency. Since both this and season 12's page names are riding on this decision, let's make a talk page argument before we decide to move stuff around and forget to relink the templates.
So, here and now:
Cases for colon after "Pokémon"
Cases for "&" instead of "and"
Cases for colon after DP
- I say after Diamond and Pearl as that is the way pokémon.com has always typed it. --HoennMaster 18:10, 28 April 2009 (UTC)
Cases for "and" instead of "&"
- Again, pokémon.com always has it with and, not & --HoennMaster 18:10, 28 April 2009 (UTC)
- Wikipedia goes by the "and" rather than the ampersand. Battle Dimension and Galactic Battle. TheChrisD Rants•Edits 18:40, 28 April 2009 (UTC)
- As an established editor on Wikipedia, I beg to differ. The word "and" is better used in place of the ampersand for ease of use, and to make the title clearer and easier to read. TheChrisD Rants•Edits 22:25, 30 April 2009 (UTC)
- Pokemon.com calls it Pokémon Diamond and Pearl: Battle Dimension. I don't know about you, but I go by the main official SOURCE.--Vhayes1992 21:15, 28 April 2009 (UTC)
- They also have epic fails from time to time. And since when did you read into Scilon cult stuff? TTEchidna 21:53, 30 April 2009 (UTC)
- I know this already. I'm just sayin' that we should call it whatever Pokemon.com calls it since PUSA (at the time) MADE the season name to begin with. How could PUSA fail with the season name when they were the ones who even created the season name?--Vhayes1992 22:29, 1 May 2009 (UTC)
Cases for just calling it as the title shows
Move to "Pokémon: DP Battle Dimension"
I believe this should be moved to "Pokémon: DP Battle Dimension", as that's what the official website calls it. It should also happen to Galactic Battles ("Pokémon: DP Galactic Battles") and the Black & White ones ("Pokémon: BW Rival Destinies" and "Pokémon: BW Adventures in Unova", albeit the latter was renamed "Pokémon: BW Adventures in Unova and Beyond" once Ash and co. left Unova). I would like to see some input on this. Pikachu Bros. (talk) 17:19, 17 April 2014 (UTC)