Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire have been announced!
Check and Bulbanews for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the or in our IRC channel.
Talk:Pokémon Blue Version (Japanese)
It says that the Mew Glitch was removed, but I own the game and I was able to use the glitch User:mewrox99
- I haven't played the Japanese Blue, but since the games released as Red and Blue outside of Japan were modified versions of the Japanese Blue (more or less the only differences being that they have the available Pokémon from Red and Green instead of the Japanese Blue) and have the Mew Glitch (hell, even Yellow has it and it was the last Gen I game), I don't see why it wouldn't have it. --Evice 19:12, 3 September 2009 (UTC)
How about just having this article be titled "Pocket Monsters Blue"? -Happy Mask Man 01:11, 20 May 2007 (UTC)
- Well, it's better known as the Japanese version of Pokémon Blue, just like we don't have Red/Green as Pocket Monsters Red and Green. I'd suggest maybe a redirect, but not moving the page... --TTEchidna 04:51, 20 May 2007 (UTC)
- I went ahead and created redirects for Red, Green, and the Japanese Blue from titles with Pocket Monsters in them. --Evice 19:16, 3 September 2009 (UTC)
I'm probably wrong, but didn't the promotion in this version actually get the player a Mew? Also, according to the late Encyclopedia Pokémonica, Hiroshi is the default name for the Rival, rather than Shigeru. Can anyone confirm that? ~Kumori Satosuke
- I can confirm the Hiroshi name, yeah, if anyone still cares.Adamant 16:19, 8 June 2009 (UTC)
- If by promotion you mean diploma, no, it didn't. All Pokémon games, Japanese or otherwise, have a diploma that does absolutely nothing but give you bragging rights. --Evice 19:08, 3 September 2009 (UTC)
It went and evolved
"It went and evolved" does make sense for Poliwhirl. Just because it doesn't evolve through trading doesn't mean he couldn't have evolved it... should this perhaps be corrected? (That said, I do remember the whole Raichu thing and being really frustrated that I couldn't evolve it)
- People do generally think of the Raichu when this is brought up, yes. The original trade in Blue version was a Kadabra, which obviously evolves on trade. IIMarckus 23:29, 9 October 2008 (UTC)
Different Catch Rates
If the catch rates are different, then what are they? Are the different ones the ones we know today, or are these totally different?
- I'm pretty sure it's referring to being different from Pokémon Red and Green. --Evice 19:10, 3 September 2009 (UTC)
- Blue doesn't even appear to have different catch rates (in other words, they're the same as in any other game). I took a quick look at the Red, Green, and Blue ROMs with a hex editor, and the catch rates of all Pokémon were the same in each game. I also compared the ROMs to this list, and the only difference was Raticate, which is 90 in all three ROMs I looked at, though according to its page, it changed to 127 in Generation III, not Blue. So in essence, nothing changed in Blue. Blaziken257 06:53, 16 September 2009 (UTC)
According to someone commenting on one of my YouTube videos, this game was rereleased on 10/10/1999. If true, shouldn't this information be added to the page? Teradyne 03:28, 19 July 2009 (UTC)
- Actual data > some random person commenting on your youtube video.--RexRacer 03:49, 19 July 2009 (UTC)
Japanese vs English Names
Considering this article is for a Japanese game, shouldn't it use the Japanese names instead of the English ones? (Gym leaders, Prof. Oak, Pokémon, etc). This page and the Pokémon Red and Green Versions pages have been changed to English but in my opinion they should use the Japanese names of characters and link to English pages for clarification since the Japanese games would refer to the Pokémon in Japanese. Xxcom9a 22:51, 19 January 2011 (UTC)
There is a list of Pokémon that can only be obtained by trading from Red/Green on this page, but there are a whole bunch of Pokémon that have trade listed as their location that aren't on here (Tentacool, Oddish, Magikarp, Pikachu, Ghastly to name a few). Why are these pages all so different? Frenchhorn 20:50, 18 March 2012 (UTC)
- They are in the games but no-one's got round to adding the location to the availability template yet. The only site I know that has the Pokemon locations from this game is Serebii. We also don't have the Japanese Blue added to the catch template, I've added it here, but it hasnt been approved yet. XVuvuzela2010X 21:06, 18 March 2012 (UTC)