The Pokémon: Symphonic Evolutions concert tour is coming to Washington, D.C. on August 15th and Philadelphia on September 19th. Seats are limited, so be sure to book your tickets quick!
Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire have been announced!
Check and Bulbanews for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the or in our IRC channel.
Talk:Pikachu (Pokémon)/Featured article candidate
- This is an extremely detailed and accurate article. Bulbapedia needs a Pokémon species article as a FA because that's what Bulbapedia is all about. What better Pokémon to represent Bulbapedia than the most well known of them all, Pikachu?--Alex726contributions 02:18, 9 October 2010 (UTC)
- Maybe Bulbasaur? 02:35, 9 October 2010 (UTC)
- Bulbasaur was already nominated and did not get voted in as a FA. Even if Bulbasaur literally represents Bulbapedia, it's article is not as detailed as Pikachu's. I am not playing favorites. I'm just stating my opinion that Pikachu's article is better than Bulbasaur's.--Alex726contributions 02:44, 9 October 2010 (UTC)
- Support. I'm not fan of Pikachu, but it is time to have a Pokémon as FA and Pikachu has the best article of them.--でんのう ☢ Zえんし 06:48, 9 October 2010 (UTC)
- This is my first time voting, so I could be wrong, but I can't see anything disqualifying about this article. --☯ *Ɣℯ№ӎօṫհ* ☯ 19:56, 9 October 2010 (UTC)
- I have to agree, I say it deserves to be one (I mean it is the "unofficial" mascot....) Ataro 22:57, 9 October 2010 (UTC)
- I agree with all of the above. This is a very organised and well written article. There's tons of great trivia and it's about time a pokémon article got a FA. Pokemaster97 18:48, 10 October 2010 (UTC)
- Altough I think the trivia section is a little messy. I'm for.-- Gagaromamah, Your Little Monster 06:07, 12 October 2010 (UTC)
- Support. It is without a question the best article about a Pokémon on here. The Trivia section seems OK to me, and if it doesn't, nothing that a few edits can't fix. The Mascot of the series deserves a place in there. --Shinytwo 18:19, 12 October 2010 (UTC)
- Although I was going to vote against for the trivia section, the fixed-up version looks tons better, so I think it should be a featured article now. --Purimpopoie 18:34, 12 October 2010 (UTC)
- With the fixing of the trivia, I am in support of the article. It's Turtwig A! My talk or wiki edits 20:52, 12 October 2010 (UTC)
- This article has obviously had lots of time and effort put into it. Pikachu is a great choice for the first Pokémon article to achieve FA status. SuperAmpharos 21:18, 12 October 2010 (UTC)
- Seems good to me. It's awfully long, but I can't imagine how we could do anything about that. Plus, that length is due to large amounts of well-organized content. --AndyPKMN 00:41, 13 October 2010 (UTC)
- Don't know if you want a newbie's opinion, but then yeah, it's a fairly longer than most pokemon articles, it's obtainable in almost every game, (mainly what I'm talking about is side games), and it's almost like the mascot of the whole company. Chocos0 04:14, 16 October 2010 (UTC)
- I Think This Should Be Featured Article Brennan1357 13:00, 16 October 2010 (UTC).
- The article is very detailed and covers a lot, thumbs up Diamond Lanturn CodeName: 05308 18:44, 17 October 2010 (UTC)
- Not one single Pokémon article on this site comes real close to both the length and organization of Pikachu's. The organization stands out even more due to the amount of content. I don't really remember what the Trivia section was like before, but it looks organized and has several subsections with in it, which i can't say for many others. The Pokémon articles are the reason I came here in the first place, and having one as a featured article is long overdue.--Jdthebud 08:27, 21 October 2010 (UTC)
- It has my support.--Pokélova! 04:59, 25 October 2010 (UTC)
- This is a good article, very organized, very savvy. Plus, Pikachu is Pokemon's mascot; why NOT be a featured article?--Long Live Pokémon! --Skulblaka Shurtugal 22:36, 29 October 2010 (UTC)
- To start, I thought there had already been a Pokémon page as a featured article? Personally I cannot stand the little rodent, but I will agree that the article is very well written and seems to cover almost everything known about Pikachu. I always thought it was the mascot so I am on board for a yes. 011284mm 14:57, 31 October 2010 (UTC)
- Definite support, really detailed and the (unofficial) mascot -Chiramii
- Pikachu isn't my favorite pokemon, but it's article is very detailed. I think it would make an awesome FA. - I'm a Girl. People Don't get that.... Speak To The Master...DialgaMaster! 15:25, 7 November 2010 (UTC)
The trivia section is way too disorganized. It's Turtwig A! My talk or wiki edits 02:20, 9 October 2010 (UTC)new version is good enough for FA status. It's Turtwig A! My talk or wiki edits 20:52, 12 October 2010 (UTC)
- Per Turtwig A, Epicsnail 17:08, 10 October 2010 (UTC)
- Not much better than any other Pokémon article. --Maxim 13:06, 16 October 2010 (UTC)
- But it's longer and more comprehensive, plus it's quite representative of the franchise as a whole. --AndyPKMN 16:23, 16 October 2010 (UTC)
- I agree with Andy. This article may be similar to the other Pokémon articles but it has a much higher quality than the rest. I am somewhat surprised that it has never been nominated to be a FA before but than again everyone does have their own opinion and I recognize that.--Alex726contributions 18:10, 16 October 2010 (UTC)
- Result: Despite its overwhelming support, this page was denied featured status as it is too similar to the 648 other species articles, it is essentially a long list of tables, and the anime and manga sections aren't well-written. The Editorial Board is currently devising a new formula for the species pages; this article may be renominated once the structure has been implemented. —darklordtrom 06:48, 14 November 2010 (UTC)