Please remember to follow the manual of style and code of conduct at all times.
Check and Bulbanews for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the or in our IRC channel #bulbagarden on irc.systemnet.info.
| Due to special coding in place in the article, the artwork featured on this article will change every year on
This will only affect the artwork shown in the infobox. This changes every year, so when the time comes, clickto return to the page and change the display.
Breeding Issue: if Nidoqueen is unable to breed, why is there a section under the attacks saying all the moves Nidoqueen can learn from breeding? Darkcloud1111 00:44, 17 August 2009 (UTC)
- Because its fully unevolved form, Nidoran♀, is capable of breeding and being a hatch result. --Shiningpikablu252 00:46, 17 August 2009 (UTC)
- OK, but here's another question real fast. Can a Nidoran (female) give birth to Nidoran (male) because the Nidoking evolution line is completely male and one of the things I know about breeding is that the hatched pokemon will be the same as the mother. Darkcloud1111 00:54, 17 August 2009 (UTC)
Does nidoqueen have fangs or not? Gen 1 no Gen 2 yes Gen 3 yes Gen 4 no. All 3d games, yes. I'm pretty sure it does, but i'm not sure.¬.¬ 18:32, 12 December 2009 (UTC)
- The art for Giovanni's Nidoqueen also has fangs and it is done by Ken Sugimori, but none of the other ones have fangs, just beaks--011284mm 22:25, 20 December 2009 (UTC)
That's why i'm confused.¬.¬ User:the nido king 20:41, 23 December 2009 (UTC)
- That's nice, but please sign your comments with four tildes (~~~~). 03:19, 24 January 2010 (UTC)
yeah, usually I remember (The snargret guy 23:47, 25 January 2010 (UTC))
Protecting its young.
The trivia notes that although it cannot breed, it's stated to protect its young. Do you think it's biologically plausible that Nidoran evolves after birth to better protect its young? Sacrificing future fertility to focus on the first offspring? Just as a curious thing to think about. --PLA 12:22, 4 June 2010 (UTC)
What is the true reason that Nidorina and Nidoqueen cannot breed? Please; I need a confirmed answer. If I didn't have minimal access at home; I'd try to get ahold of pokemon.com and ask them myselves; but this mystery really bothers me. Is there even a speculated reason/theoryVenus253 17:35, 8 May 2012 (UTC)?
Base stats, Gen VI
Several sources report that Nidoqueen's base stats have been modified in Generation 6. They are now 90/92/87/75/85/76. This information comes from Serebii's Pokedex and is verified by Smogon. pikalax 20:08, 17 November 2013 (UTC)
- Those base stats have already been listed on the page. --It's Funktastic~!話してください 20:14, 17 November 2013 (UTC)
Nidorina and Nidoqueen breeding
The fact that Nidorina and Nidoqueen cannot breed is not a coding problem. After messing with a Pokémon Diamond ROM, changed Nidorina/Nidoqueen egg group to the same of Nidorino/Nidoking and Start breeding, i found that Nidorina/Nidoqueen eggs will hatch in Nidoran(f) and Nidoran(m) =) - unsigned comment from Erkyem (talk • contribs) 18:24, 15 April 2014 (UTC)
- The original Japanese guidebook for Pokémon Red and Green apparently says they will become infertile upon evolution, according to the Undiscovered egg group trivia. It's intentional. Pikachu Bros. (talk) 18:33, 15 April 2014 (UTC), edited 18:34, 15 April 2014 (UTC)