Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are coming this November! Check and Bulbanews for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the or in our IRC channel.
Talk:Natural Gift (move)
Since I don't have the necessary experience to fix it, I thought I'd bring up the fact that the Sort function (clickable arrows) on this page is not fully operational. Trying to sort by power sorts it by type instead, while trying to sort by type yields nothing. I hope someone sees this and can fix it posthaste. Taigaa-tono 17:22, 11 February 2011 (UTC)
- Fixed it. Should be working perfectly now. Luigi-San 00:50, 10 September 2012 (UTC)
Turtwig can get it!
I recently caught a Gloom (♂ Lvl 50, knew Natural Gift, Giga Drain etc.) on diamond, and I also received a Grotle from an online trade (♀ ,Lvl 21, knew Rock Smash, Vine Whip, and Rock climb). When I left the two at the daycare, I got a Turtwig that knew Giga Drain, Natural Gift, and Tackle from point of hatching. Can anyone confirm this? Dudey997 was here. 03:54, 27 September 2011 (UTC)
- Was this in a generation IV game? If so, that's because Turtwig can learn it by TM. That's one behaviour of TM moves. Werdnae (talk) 05:15, 27 September 2011 (UTC)
Yes it was in pokemon diamond. And the grotle's not hacked. The move was razor leaf. Sorry for the mix-up. Dudey997 was here. 00:21, 1 October 2011 (UTC)
I just tested this out with a legit gloom with natural gift and a grotle and it did not work. (n) Ninask46 00:48, 1 October 2011 (UTC)
- What game Ninask46? Natural Gift isn't a TM move in gen V, so it won't work in gen V. Only Gen IV. Werdnae (talk) 04:43, 1 October 2011 (UTC)
- It was Pokemon White. I messed up. I would try it with a gen IV game, but i don't have one, unfortunately. Ninask46 14:09, 1 October 2011 (UTC)
O.k, so despite Gloom learning the move naturally, it's still considered by pokemon diamond that my Turtwig inherited the move by TM?Dudey997 was here. 02:19, 8 October 2011 (UTC)
- Yes. All that matters is that the offspring can learn the move by TM and that the parent has the move. It doesn't matter how the parent learned the move. It can be used to conserve TMs before Gen V. It doesn't even matter if the parent can't learn the move by TM. As long as it knows it. Werdnae (talk) 02:42, 8 October 2011 (UTC)