I traded a pokemon not on the hoenn dex to saphire from emerald and saphire got the national dex. Darkmaster0 16:55, 17 March 2008 (UTC)
- Pokémon Saphire would do that,
but I'm not sure about Pokémon Sapphire..Scratch that, I remember trading with my old Ruby file (after beating the E4) with my sister's Emerald (not beaten the E4) and I got the National Dex. Tina δ♫ 17:01, 17 March 2008 (UTC)
- Yeah, I was just gonna mention that. "Dex" is surely an informal shortening, so it makes sense for the article to be at "National Pokédex", right? Cipher 20:59, 21 September 2008 (UTC)
Some events are called to be post-national (ergo, cannot be done/obtained without the national dex). However, in my copy of pokemon platinum, I've got the national dex, even tough i didn't beat Cynthia (I'm not the champion). As such I can't neither awaken Cresselia, nor go to the battle frontier, etc. Kamus, the kpo... 00:54, 13 February 2010 (UTC)
Hmm, that last paragraph doesn't quite make sense to me, can someone explain? Foorganders 15:14, 14 August 2010 (UTC)
Crobat and Blissey
In Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen, National Mode is acquired after the first defeat of the Elite Four, if the player has more than 60 Pokémon owned in the Kanto Pokédex. After this, the player can acquire Pokémon released in Generation II and Generation III via capture or evolution. This also allows Generation I Pokémon to evolve into their Generation II forms (such as Golbat being able to evolve into Crobat).
This doesnt make sense, Golbat evolves by happiness (Chansey too), so surely it would evolve regardless of whether the Nat Dex has been obtained or not? Or is a Pokemon's happiness 'locked' until the Nat dex has been obtained? XVuvuzela2010X 14:27, 20 December 2010 (UTC)
- That is correct. If you try and evolve a Golbat into a Crobat before you get the NDex, it will stop suddenly. There might be a picture somewhere... —darklordtrom 06:57, 21 December 2010 (UTC)
Anyone know what the...
...GenV name of this dex ordering is? I doubt that it would still be 'national', as you likely are out of the nation represented in GenI-IV (Japan). Maybe "International Pokédex"? --TruePikachu 02:25, 1 February 2011 (UTC)
Zorua/ Zoroark to complete BW NatDex?
can anyone confirm if Zorua and Zoroark are needed to complete the Pokédex? i know event-Pokémon are not required to, and since Zorua and Zoroark can only be obtained through events it might be possible they are excluded for completion. ---> AquaDragon 14:56, 12 April 2011 (UTC)
How are you supossed to see Dialga or Palkia in Pearl/Diamond without trading? Marked +-+-+ 16:00, 5 September 2011 (UTC)
- One of Cynthia's family members shows you an image of the opposite mascot. ★Jo the Marten★ ಠ_ಠ♥ 16:03, 5 September 2011 (UTC)
Would it be worth it?
Would it be worth adding headings for each game? It would make it easier to find out about a certain game without having to look through the whole article - and it would look a lot neater. Cacnea7642 11:19, 29 April 2012 (UTC)
- It's not really needed as the page isn't that long. You just need to scroll a bit and you already find yourself at the end. I, for one, think it's fine as it is. Masatoshitalk 14:01, 13 January 2013 (UTC)
OmegaRuby/AlphaSaphire unlock conditions wrong
The article says that you need to earn the eigth badge to obtain the National Pokédex, but this is incorrect, as I have it in my copy with only 7 badges; judging on what the Professor says when he gives it to you, I assume the unlock condition is defeating/capturing Groudon or Kyogre, so I've updated the article to say that, if anyone has information otherwise, feel free to correct me. FrostySnownoob (talk) 13:03, 8 December 2014 (UTC)