Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire have been announced!
Check and Bulbanews for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the or in our IRC channel.
- This info should be in the article. Do you need the National Pokedex to mix records? Jdthebud (talk) 23:45, 6 April 2014 (UTC)
- I agree, mixing records should be the name. Doesn't seem like it's a proper noun. TTEchidna 03:21, 21 January 2009 (UTC)
Change title to "Record mixing?"
This page title change was brought up by SatoMew2 (talk · contribs), who states in their edit (timestamped 23:06, 15 February 2014): "'Record mixing' is the name of the process in-game". Going off of Gen IV (I have Diamond and SoulSilver), when you mix records it says "Record mixing will be started", then "Seeking record-mixing friends!", and finally "Mixing records... Don't turn off the power!" So even in game they are used interchangeably. I personally vote we stick with "Mixing records" because I think it sounds better. What do you guys think? --Shockthetoast (talk) 00:52, 9 March 2014 (UTC)
- They aren't used interchangeably: one is the name of the process (record mixing) and the other is the action taking place ("mixing records" as in "the records are being mixed"), and this in both Generations III and IV. Thus, the page title should be "Record mixing". SatoMew 21:49, 4 April 2014 (UTC)
Does record mixing actually do anything in HGSS? If not, shouldn't we say so? Reign 01:10, 4 April 2010 (UTC)
- Safari Zone combos and Battle Frontier trainers. It's in the booklet that came with the game. ht14 20:03, 4 April 2010 (UTC)
Game Corner Records
What happens in a European Game Corner when a non-European version mixes records with a European version? Does it affect the coin output in any way? MagicBarrier 22:30, 18 May 2010 (UTC)
Old Sea Map
Is the Old Sea Map or the Mysticticket obtainable by mixing records? Is this doable between Japanese and English copies of the game? Because if both of these are true, English Shiny Mew are legitimately obtainable. TorchicBlaziken (talk•edits) 20:47, 12 March 2011 (UTC)
In Emerald, the option choosing it is called "Record Corner" (in Japanese it seems to be レコードコーナー), in RS since link cable is the only option there's that thing named "Pokémon Cable Club Record Center" (haven't seen yet how it's called in Japanese); what about Gen IV? Marked +-+-+ (talk) 09:26, 10 August 2013 (UTC)
- Pokémon Cable Club Record Center here. It again mentions the レコードコーナー Marked +-+-+ (talk) 09:53, 10 August 2013 (UTC)
Mixing records between DPPt and HGSS
So, if you go into the union room you can mix records between Diamond/Pearl/Platinum and HeartGold/SoulSilver. What does that do? The only thing I can think of is using it to force certain things (like swarm locations) to change without waiting until the next day. Is that the only thing it does? --Shockthetoast (talk) 01:18, 9 March 2014 (UTC)