Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire have been announced!
Check and Bulbanews for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the or in our IRC channel.
Reference to Mycenae?
I think that the name "Michina" could refer to Mycenae. I got this clue today, as the Korean website for the movie was opened. In Korean the town is named 미케나 Mikena - which is clear reference to Mycenae. I think that Mycenae, being the precursor of Greece (which the location was based on), makes much more sense than some town in Burma. --Maxim 15:32, 29 October 2009 (UTC)
Location relevant to the game?
I'm assuming that this town could possibly sit on mt coronet or nearby spear pillar even given how much the games allow for spacial distortion, ie towns being mere meters apart --Hexidimentional
- Irrelevant, due to differing canon. This town is Anime canon. Game maps don't enter into it, or rather, it doesn't enter into them. Sorry. --エルレイド 00:40, 27 April 2010 (UTC)
Bad joke I noticed when I caught an Unown X after getting the baby Giratina
Arceus is god, so Deus. The trainer ID for the event Arceus (at least in English) as well as the name of the town in the Arceus movie is Michina, similar to Machina. Could the town name also be a pun on the phrase Deus ex machina? --エルレイド 00:30, 27 April 2010 (UTC)
- Huh. Never thought of that. - unsigned comment from Missingno. Master (talk • contribs) 01:23, 27 April 2010 (UTC)
- It's spelled similarly... but I'm pretty sure 'machina' is pronounced 'masheena' while 'michina' is pronounced 'micheena'. It's still kinda funny to think about, though. ▫▪Ťïňắ ♫♥ 01:26, 27 April 2010 (UTC)
- Wait, what? How would a pun like that be an "adult pun"? Just because it's not something every kid you ask might know doesn't mean it's only in there for adults. Heck, loads of the anime's episode titles are puns that might fly over the heads of most of the audience. Doesn't make it contradictory. --AndyPKMN 19:30, 27 April 2010 (UTC)
- This is really more of a forum caliber discussion. Let's take it there, no? Also, let's not get into the debate about whether Pokémon is for kids... --ニョロトノ666 19:35, 27 April 2010 (UTC)