The Pokémon: Symphonic Evolutions concert tour is coming to Philadelphia on September 19th. We have two sets of concert double-passes to give away to lucky Bulbanews readers!
Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are coming this November! Check and Bulbanews for up-to-date Pokémon news and discuss it on the or in our IRC channel.
- 1 Tutor
- 2 Metronome and Sketch
- 3 Contradictory statements
- 4 In reference to both of the above topics . . .
- 5 Metal Burst
- 6 Using moves a Pokémon already knows?
- 7 Notable?
- 8 Umm...
- 9 Dark Void used by metronome?
- 10 Metronome and Assist
- 11 Metronome and Judgment
- 12 Gen II and III description trivia
- 13 Missing Generation VI moves
- 14 Metronome and Hold Back
Does anybody know what pokemon can learn this by the move tutor in emerald?--Acfan 22:58, 29 June 2006 (UTC)
- Try looking up Metronome on Serebii.net's Attackdex.--Pokencyclopedia 23:48, 29 June 2006 (UTC)
- See, this is exactly why we need to put some useful information in these entries, so we don't have to refer people to other sites. --Argy 04:59, 30 June 2006 (UTC)
Metronome and Sketch
The article states that Metronome can call on any move other than itself and Struggle, but I was curious to know what the situation is regarding Sketch. Can it be called? If so, does it automatically fail? Whatever the answer, it could make an interesting (if minor) addition to the article. Bikini MiltankMoo, I say. 23:44, 20 November 2007 (UTC)
- This is a good question and I wonder why nobody has answered since November Rawr I say! 22:42, 20 September 2008 (UTC)
It says metronome can use a move that has been disabled, but it also says that it can't use a move that the user knows. How can it use a move that's disabled if it can't use a move the user know!?! Unless it means a disabled move the opponent has, in which case it's not worth mentioning. [[Derian]]
- I think it means that if the Pokémon used say, Water Gun through Metronome and then the opponent used Disable, Water Gun could still be used through Metronome. However, the article is not very clear and the line saying that it can use a disabled move may need removing. --SnorlaxMonster. Help here 08:57, 22 December 2009 (UTC)
In reference to both of the above topics . . .
I think the effects for this move need to be split into Generations. I don't think all the moves on the chart are withhelf from Metronome in all generations. for example, I'm fairly certain I remember there being a great deal of controversy in Generation II when people figured out that Metronome could Sketch a move, technically expanding several Pokémon's movesets if going completely by RAW and ignoring the spirit of the learnsets. Also, I'm not completely sure Metronome couldn't select a move you already know in all the Generations. So, overall, what I'm looking for is some one who really knows his Metronome to take a look at this article. Schreiber 23:37, 12 November 2009 (UTC)
Just right now my togekisss Utopia used metronome and used metal burst. I was facing the elite four in my diamond just to see what moves i would get. Utopia was first and used metronome, then metal burst. It failed. Mikewolf
Using moves a Pokémon already knows?
I distinctly remember in LeafGreen when I had a Clefairy that knew Metronome, Water Pulse, and Meteor Mash, and on more than one occasion Metronome called upon at least both Water Pulse and Meteor Mash one time each. Anyone care to investigate? --[[User:Falchiar]]( [[User talk:Falchiar]] ) 20:34, 3 May 2010 (UTC)
- I vaugely recall a Magmar I had in Gold. Its Metronome frequently called up ThunderPunch, despite the fact that it already knew the move. - unsigned comment from Missingno. Master (talk • contribs) 02:25, 15 May 2010 (UTC)
I took out the section saying that metronome will not select any moves known by the user because in White version, my Togepi with metronome has called moves that it knows with metronome. I don't think I am wrong, but someone correct me if I am for whatever reason. -Maddiesapphire (talk) 16:10, 12 July 2012 (UTC)
I think it's notable that Metronome could come up Judgement, Arceus's signature move...BEFORE Arceus was officialy revealed. Flyingtypefan 08:05, 11 May 2010 (UTC)
- Not so much. The code for Judgment was still in the game, as was the coding for Arceus. —darklordtrom 08:51, 11 May 2010 (UTC)
You may have misunderstood-of course the coding was already in the game, but the point was that the Pokemon that can use them weren't officialy revealed yet, but the moves could be discovered before that, which would mean everyone would know that there was going to be a new Pokemon. I thought that it was trivia worthy. Flyingtypefan 07:10, 14 May 2010 (UTC)
- Metronome could use Psycho Boost/Doom Desire in Gen III before Deoxys and Jirachi were revealed... Metronome could pick Blast Burn/Frenzy Plant/Hydro Cannon before they were officially available... hell Metronome could pick Volt Tackle before Emerald was released. This is nothing new. ▫▫ティナ♫★ 02:05, 15 May 2010 (UTC)
In Generation III, I have a Snorlax that knows both Metronome and Surf (the other moves aren't important). Now, the article states that Pokémon cannot Metronome moves it already knows, but it Metronomed Surf. Now that I think of it, for a while it only used the moves it already knew. Pawsrent 22:13, 16 August 2010 (UTC)
Dark Void used by metronome?
I was trainning my togetic and had him use metronome and I noticed he used Dark Void. It's not listed as a possible move that can show up when using metronome, anyone else get this move when using metronome? I was playing on SoulSilver by the way and it did put the opponent to sleep.--Fyre Dancer 23:28, 6 November 2010 (UTC)
- The list on the page is a list of moves that can't be used through Metronome. It's done that way because the other 525 odd moves all can be, and so it is more efficient to list them that way. Werdnae (talk) 23:32, 6 November 2010 (UTC)
Metronome and Assist
On the list for metronome, Assist is the very first move that cannot be used via Metronome, but in my FireRed, I had a Hitmonchan that knew Metronome (via the tutor) and it used Assist, then my Venusaur's Giga Drain. Dracometeor12 22:45, 23 May 2011 (UTC)
I believe in Generation III Assist was not on the list of impossible moves...just a thought though. ISB 22:59, 23 May 2011 (UTC)
Metronome and Judgment
I know that Metronome could be used to execute Judgment in Gen IV, but I've notice that Gen V excludes a lot of signature moves that work differently for their respective Pokemon (e.g. Techno Blast for Genesect, Relic Song for Meloetta). Is Judgment still on the list of usable moves for Metronome? What about Grudge, which functions like Destiny Bond? Gymnotide 09:33, 5 June 2011 (UTC)
- I'm not sure about the others, but I've had Judgment selected by Metronome before in Gen V --Maddiesapphire (talk) 03:17, 14 July 2012 (UTC)
Gen II and III description trivia
Missing Generation VI moves
Can we change the template for research for any of the Generation VI moves that can't be selected, I placed the incomplete template so this can be changed into a research template. --Cinday123 (Talk) 09:31, 9 May 2014 (UTC)
Metronome and Hold Back
Metronome does copy Hold Back, my Togepi just pulled it off (for barely any damage). I hope that helps the Gen VI research. Sneaking from page to page... It's the page-editing purple ghost... Gengarzilla! 23:39, 3 September 2014 (UTC)